Can We Host Cs Cart On A Shared Host?

Im about to launch my business running cs cart, but i dont know if it can run on a shared host.

Thanks

It can

But that depends on a lot of different things.Traffic is one

You can get started on a shared hosting and upgrade later if necessary.

Technically, you should be able to run CSCart as long as your host has PHP 5.3 and up. However the page load times are terribly bad. CSCart is not wordpress or any other CMS software so if you have good traffic, server will be loaded.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]I agree with mazter. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]You should be able to run CS-Cart on any host satisfying our requirements. However, speed leaves much to be desired. All services on shared hostings share the physical server resources (like CPU, RAM, I/O) with its neighboring services. As a result, the latency of your site depends on the one of other websites. CS-Cart is a very powerful and functional online store engine, and I usually do not recommend to use shared hostings in production. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='goncharov' timestamp='1413552603' post='194444']

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]I agree with mazter. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]You should be able to run CS-Cart on any host satisfying our requirements. However, speed leaves much to be desired. All services on shared hostings share the physical server resources (like CPU, RAM, I/O) with its neighboring services. As a result, the latency of your site depends on the one of other websites. CS-Cart is a very powerful and functional online store engine, and I usually do not recommend to use shared hostings in production. [/color][/size][/font]

[/quote]

What about Hostgator VPS Level 3 . We are using it. But loading time of many admin operations is slow.

What about using Amazon EC2 t2.micro intance for it.?

[size=3][color=#000000][font=LucidaGrande]Hello usmanghani599,[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='usmanghani599' timestamp='1413607605' post='194493']

What about Hostgator VPS Level 3 . We are using it. But loading time of many admin operations is slow.

[/quote]

[size=3][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000]Sorry, but we have not worked with Hostgator. I cannot give you a relevant answer.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='usmanghani599' timestamp='1413607605' post='194493']

What about using Amazon EC2 t2.micro intance for it.?

[/quote]

[size=3][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000]The target use of T2 includes tasks that require to involve a small part of computing power such as development environment, build servers software repository of code, web applications with low load, environment for prototyping, small databases etc. If you have a small store with low traffic, T2 may be a good option.[/color][/font][/size]

“Overall, for small business i don't recommend cs-cart. It will be night mare.”

How small a business are you describing? a few sales a month? Then you are right. That being said any shopping cart software is not for you. Etsy, Ebay and craigslist would be better suited.

If you are considering a running a business with a shopping cart Cs Cart is an excellent choice.

With hosting, you get what you pay for. Cheap godaady shared hosting is priced well but will cost you in downtime and sales. An inexpensive managed VPS pays for itself with speed and retained shoppers.

just sharing.

7,000 to 10,000 visitor per month.

[list]

[*][left]Chaoswar…

Is yours on a 'shared host' ?[/left]

Only asking because my 'shared host' Virtual Memory allowance is 1.5 gig

[/list]

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1418162498' post='199273'][list]

[*]

Chaoswar…

Is yours on a 'shared host' ?Only asking because my 'shared host' Virtual Memory allowance is 1.5 gig

[/list]

[/quote]

Cloud server

Posted by “goncharov”:

[quote name='goncharov' timestamp='1413552603' post='194444'][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]I agree with mazter. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]You should be able to run CS-Cart on any host satisfying our requirements. However, speed leaves much to be desired. All services on shared hostings share the physical server resources (like CPU, RAM, I/O) with its neighboring services. As a result, the latency of your site depends on the one of other websites. CS-Cart is a very powerful and functional online store engine, and I usually do not recommend to use shared hostings in production. [/color][/size][/font][/quote]

Might I ask why your company endorses and certifies shared hosting environments if you do not recommend them. If that is the case why would any shared hosting provider go through your certification process?

[size=3][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][quote name='tletourneau' timestamp='1418509039' post='199676']Might I ask why your company endorses and certifies shared hosting environments if you do not recommend them. If that is the case why would any shared hosting provider go through your certification process?

[/quote][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000]Hello, tietourneau.[/color]

[color=#000000]Of course, I'm glad to answer your questions.[/color]

[color=#000000]On the community forum I express my personal point of view. It may strongly differ from the views of my colleagues. In my opinion, the best place to host CS-Cart stores today is on a VPS. Shared hostings may be suitable for small shops, but if your site experiences an audience growth, the best way is to buy a VPS, mainly because of performance issues.[/color]

[color=#000000]CS-Cart requires much server resources (especially CPU) and we are not satisfied that the CMS is not working as fast as we would like it to. Now we are actively engaged in source code and performance optimization. Our plans are to make significant improvements soon.[/color][/font][/size]

Also note that cs-cart encourages hosting environments to provide their community version (free version) as part of the standard website hosting packages (Magento and other carts do this too). It is a marketing strategy (like many free services) to get people started using a product and then convert to the paid version if/when they need more functionality and/or performance. Note that this is a benefit for the hosting provider and for cs-cart. And even occasionally for the user if they are running a very small shop with low volume traffic.

I will recomand for not doing that.

Check: Http/https Requests Causes Server Overload - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

Regards

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1418162498' post='199273'][list]

[*]

[left]Chaoswar…

Is yours on a 'shared host' ?[/left]Only asking because my 'shared host' Virtual Memory allowance is 1.5 gig

[/list]

[/quote]

I can set cs-cart merchants up with a VPS optimized for CS-Cart V4 with 2 gig of virtual memory, 100 GB hard drive space and 300 GB bandwidth. 2 dedicated cpu cores with cpanel access.