Losing Stylesheet When Updating

Hi,

I have installed a couple of CS Carts before, but, I am haveing real difficulty with the new one.

I manuulay updated the standalone stylesheet in the directroy below, just to change the colour of the empty cart icon.

var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/responsive/css/

Since I changed it, everytime I make any change to the cart or styles it is losing the stylesheet. The source code references a new version of the stylesheet which hasn't been created.

So I have to open the old one in Dreamweaver, save it as the name in the source code and upload, but, it happens again.

Does anyone know how to rectify this please, I havent updated any other settings that I am away of.

Kind Regards.

Don't change cached files, change their source instead.

Yes, I will do now.

I have the problem now though, where I update anything in the site editor it creates the new stylesheet name (e.g. standalone.3aa75b278a1f06e8bc92a797152907a31412004916.css) which appears in the source code of the main website, but, the file does not exist. So the site has no working stylesheet attached to it.

I am having to rename an old stylesheet to the new name and upload it.

Is there anyway to get the site to genearate the standalone stylesheets automatically again, I can't find anywhere to do this.

Kind Regards.

[quote name='blythweb' timestamp='1412062407' post='193102'] Yes, I will do now. I have the problem now though, where I update anything in the site editor it creates the new stylesheet name (e.g. standalone.3aa75b278a1f06e8bc92a797152907a31412004916.css) which appears in the source code of the main website, but, the file does not exist. So the site has no working stylesheet attached to it. I am having to rename an old stylesheet to the new name and upload it. Is there anyway to get the site to genearate the standalone stylesheets automatically again, I can't find anywhere to do this. Kind Regards. [/quote]

Please make sure that the var directory has 777 permissions and there is enough disk space on your server.

That was it, when I uploaded the file it had changed the folder to 755. I have now changed back to 777 and it is working.

Thank you for your help.

[quote name='blythweb' timestamp='1412074835' post='193118']

That was it, when I uploaded the file it had changed the folder to 755. I have now changed back to 777 and it is working.

Thank you for your help.

[/quote]

You are welcome!