Please Please Please: Need Cart To Regulate Minimum Order Total For Wholesale

I posted this in Ideas and got some agreements to it but it's not happening fast enough. I REALLY need the cart to regulate minimum order amounts for wholesale customers. Does anyone else need this in their carts?

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1411765011' post='192940']

I posted this in Ideas and got some agreements to it but it's not happening fast enough. I REALLY need the cart to regulate minimum order amounts for wholesale customers. Does anyone else need this in their carts?

[/quote]

hi…you can set the minimun order in the settings… under define minimum order amount

But not for a specific user group, that's store-wide, I only want to impose a minimum for wholesale customers.

Use our group minimum order add-on. Go to our site, it will do what you need. Mobile right now or i'd give you a direct link.

Yes please send a link (PM is fine if you don't want to do it in this thread).

Group Minimum Orders

Thanks John,

I was traveling and trying to do a link by phone usually just gives me a typo anyway…

Thank you both.

Hi,

Will this add on allow me to set up a minimum $$ amount per vendor? If I have 3 Wholesale vendors and 7 Retail vendors, I should be able to set up different $$ order minimum for each one wholesale vendor.

It is not an MVE specific addon. Unfortunately it does NOT allow per vendor minimums. The minimum amounts are based on the customer's usergroup and has nothing to do with the vendor or supplier. So someone who is unregistered or in a group without a minimum sees the normally calculated price. If they are in (for instance) the “Wholesale” group then the addon will force them to have a cart that totals equal-to or more-than the minimum amount related to that group.

If you wanted to have this set minimums per vendor, I could extend it for you. Please click the Get A Quote in my signature and specify your exact requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

Recently we have developed the similar functionality.

Please contact us to get a free quote.

Best regards, Alt-team.

We are also at your service - contact[at]ecom-labs.com

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1423630924' post='204924']

It is not an MVE specific addon. Unfortunately it does NOT allow per vendor minimums. The minimum amounts are based on the customer's usergroup and has nothing to do with the vendor or supplier. So someone who is unregistered or in a group without a minimum sees the normally calculated price. If they are in (for instance) the “Wholesale” group then the addon will force them to have a cart that totals equal-to or more-than the minimum amount related to that group.

If you wanted to have this set minimums per vendor, I could extend it for you. Please click the Get A Quote in my signature and specify your exact requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

[/quote]

They could just make a group per vendor where something special is needed, as a workaround, right?

Don't know. Not clear what the real business need is. So we're guessing. I think the goal should be to make vendors as invisible as possible to customers unless of course their brand would really stand out. I.e. if I had Pepsi as a vendor, then I'd certainly want that brand visible!