Activate Responsive Theme: White Screen!

OK so I go to Design>Themes and click to activate the “modern” responsive theme. I go to the storefront and try to load the page and get a blank (white) screen.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this somehow the expected behavior?

I went to the KB and typed in “responsive” but only got 2 results, both of which were irrelevant to the situation.

I searched the forum and found nothing.

I should have known it wouldn't be that easy.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Never mind. I tried again and now it seems to have activated properly.

An update to this is that I was able to activate the “modern” responsive theme and tweak it some. However, it does not “respond” to my iPhone. All I get is a full desktop site with text so small it's unreadable.

Where is the documentation about making sites responsive?

Did you clear the css and template cache?

your_admin_script_name.php?ctpl&cc

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1411090409' post='192492']

An update to this is that I was able to activate the “modern” responsive theme and tweak it some. However, it does not “respond” to my iPhone. All I get is a full desktop site with text so small it's unreadable.

Where is the documentation about making sites responsive?

[/quote]

What happens if you rotate you iPhone?

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1411097094' post='192496']

Did you clear the css and template cache?

your_admin_script_name.php?ctpl&cc

[/quote]

Yes. Still not responsive.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]What happens if you rotate you iPhone?[/quote][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Still not responsive.[/font][/color]

Try to just narrow the screen of your PC's browser.

The smallest responsive re-sizing kicks in at 767px. I just narrow my PC's browser to simulate a phone browser and tweak the CSS.

If the site resizes, and your Main Menu shrinks to a button, then maybe your phone is caching:[list=1]

[]Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.

[
]Scroll down and tap on Safari.

[]Now scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Advanced.

[
]Tap on Website Data. Click Edit in upper right corner and delete your site cache.

[*]If you've got it saved in iCloud Keychain however, that's stored separate and will remain.

[/list]

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1411115554' post='192513']

Yes. Still not responsive.

[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Still not responsive.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

When you change the width of the browser on your desktop, do you see any changes?

It does adjust some on the desktop browser. And even on the phone, stuff gets rearranged. But everything is still so small as not be be readable/usable. On other responsive sites I've visited, everything is readable on the iPhone screen.

Look at the screenshot I'm attaching. This is after installing the VIVAshop theme. Why is the text so small?

[attachment=8448:photo.PNG]

photo.PNG

OK well dummy me. The problem was the CS-Cart SEO Ultimate addon from CSCartRocks. The regular version doesn't work with the responsive them (cripples the responsiveness) and Louis provides a special version for users of the responsive theme (he even has a special version for VIVAshop that he kindly sent me). I had no idea this addon would cause this issue.

All is well now. Everything resizes amazingly well.

Thanks for your help guys.