Credit Card Merchant

My client was just told by Wellsfargo that they couldn’t provide him with an online merchant account if he isn’t the direct seller. So they couldn’t give him an account for a multi tenant situaution.

Doesn’t anyone have any other suggestions for a credit card online merchant processor that doesn’t care if the seller is a third party like in the case of the multi tenant platform?

Also can someone please tell me how the tenants or third party resellers are paid? I have just setup the demo site and logged in as a vendor but I don’t see a location that I can specify how I like to get paid, Paypal, credit card etc…

Also when is the vendor paid? After the sale is complete and is this a manual process? I am using the latest version of CS Cart.

Thanks!

The default setup for multivendor is the store admin collects all sales and then pays vendors after the fact.

At this point it is a manual process (cheque, electronic funds transfer, etc) - there's nothing built into the store to do so.

ok, so I am looking into that plugin that automatically pays the vendors via paypal but…

As a Vendor where do I configure how I want to be paid? Where would I put in my account info for funds transfer, check etc…?

Thanks again

[quote name='techweb1' timestamp='1411068077' post='192482']

ok, so I am looking into that plugin that automatically pays the vendors via paypal but…

As a Vendor where do I configure how I want to be paid? Where would I put in my account info for funds transfer, check etc…?

Thanks again

[/quote]

Please check this module:

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/integrations/adaptive-payments-by-paypal.html

So my client is still having issues getting a merchant account for the multi tenant store. They keep telling him that if he was selling the items then they would approve him but since he is allowing third party sellers to sell products through the store then they won't allow this.

He just got denied from PayPal Pro for the same thing. they gave him a basic account but that doesn't seem to be what we want since pro is required to stay on the site and not redirect to paypay when someone goes to pay, correct? Does basic have access to the API so someone stays on the site during checkout?

Thanks!

Mve is a huge risk for both payment providers and merchants if you don't have a good vetting process. After you are approved, they are reliant on you for the validity and trustworthiness of your vendors.

[quote]Mve is a huge risk for both payment providers and merchants if you don't have a good vetting process.[/quote]

I believe this is why the so called “Etsy.com” model is far more easy to get approved, albeit a more cumbersome checkout process for the customer.

Customers deal individually with each vendor at checkout (via a cart which is subdivided for each vendor added) and funds pass directly to the vendor.

Paypal has payment models (adaptive/chained payments) that will split out partial payment to the site's admin invisibly during this transaction process and are far more likely to achieve approval as the funds pass directly to each vendor (we did). I am unfamiliar with Express Checkout or Paypal Pro type integrations of same.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-pro/integration-guide/WPWebsitePaymentsPro/

Which would be basically the same via the adaptive payments module. I guess that is what we will have to go with but I don't really ever see the multi-vendor version of CS Cart becoming successful if everyone has the same issue securing an online credit card processor. This is pretty much what Amazon is doing. You always pay Amazon even if your buying from a third party.

Thanks again!

Amazon has a bit deeper pockets than most merchants and has their own direct processing entity (they don't use a merchant provider).

The vast majority of people simply stay silent. But if/when there's ever an issue and it surfaces that they are running a mall, most merchant providers will cut them off. It just far too much risk to have one entity sell and collect money and rely on another (unrelated) to ship.

There may be ways around it or some of the higher risk processors that will take it on. But you will pay for it in transaction costs. The primary merchant is assuming all the risk. So be sure to vett your “vendors” well.