Different Layouts For Different Pages

Is it possible to have 1 layout for the Home page and create another layout to use on other pages? I am trying to do that but when I edit a page and choose another layout, all the pages inherit that layout, even the home page. http://leejewelers.net/test2/

I have read the tutorial in the Refernce Guide and I appear to be doing what is necessary to make this happen but maybe I misunderstand the function of layouts, or maybe the idea of the Default layout is not clear to me.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to do what I want to do and what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Please specify differences between home page layout and layout for other pages.

On the other pages there is no large image or main menu just page content. As in the contact page…just the form and perhaps the cart block.

Hello,

All locations in the layout inherit the Top panel, Header and Footer containers of the Default location. Only the Content container is unique.

Disable the blocks of the menu and image in the Default location and place them in the Homepage location.

I hope this will help.

[quote name='roban' timestamp='1410956022' post='192396']

On the other pages there is no large image or main menu just page content. As in the contact page…just the form and perhaps the cart block.

[/quote]

The Top panel, Header and Footer containers are common for all locations. As a workaround, we can offer you to create a wrapper for the block which will contain additional checking of the location. E.g.

{if $runtime.controller == 'index'}

Perfect simtech. Thanks for the reply. All is good.

[quote name='roban' timestamp='1410964988' post='192414']

Perfect simtech. Thanks for the reply. All is good.

[/quote]

You are welcome!