H2 Tag In Product Description

I am building a new CS-Cart store, it has not gone live yet, it has not been indexed yet.

Now is my chance to really tweak the product data for SEO.

Today I wrote and executed a query that appends an h2 tag with the product title into the beginning of the product description like this:

[sql]UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions

SET full_description = CONCAT('

',product,'

', full_description)

WHERE full_description NOT LIKE '

%'[/sql]

Because the default font size for h2 was 30px - larger than the title's h1 tag, and just too big, I had to override the class for the h2 tag in the Visual Editor's Custom CSS to this value:

.ty-wysiwyg-content h2 {
font-size: 20px;
font-weight: bold;
}

The title of the product contains my keywords.

My question for the gurus on the SEO forum is this:

Is there any risk to SE indexing in doing this?

I'm hoping there is a benefit, since the title is contained in the h1 tag and now also in an h2 tag - but is it too much?

Thanks in advance for any input or advice you can provide.

I was just looking at this and would love to hear the feedback from some SEO guys myself. You code snip above is just the thing I was thing about. I would like to also add in name variations as parts are searched by so many terms.

Jack

I only posted this question 4 days ago. I'm hoping someone with a head full of SEO experience can help us out.

I considered changing the words in the H2 tag, so it's not an exact duplicate of the title - for the same reasons you want to add variations. I suspect it gives me a better chance of being found when the variation is searched at SE, but it has to be a real phrase, and not just keyword spamming the description. It ended up being too difficult with the update query and I've applied it to over 10,000 product records.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1411249286' post='192585']

I only posted this question 4 days ago. I'm hoping someone with a head full of SEO experience can help us out.

I considered changing the words in the H2 tag, so it's not an exact duplicate of the title - for the same reasons you want to add variations. I suspect it gives me a better chance of being found when the variation is searched at SE, but it has to be a real phrase, and not just keyword spamming the description. It ended up being too difficult with the update query and I've applied it to over 10,000 product records.

[/quote]

How did you get on Don, did it go Ok for you, Im thinking of doing the same thing before going live on new version

Thanks

John

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1411249286' post='192585']

[/quote]

OK…but why to go for H2 tag…H1 is enough for search engines and to get ranks…