Dropshipping Add-On

Does anybody use a dropshipper? Is there a dropshipping add on for CS-cart? I'm wondering how such an add-on would handle shipping rates for different destinations. Presumably it would need to query the dropshipper's database for a shipping calculation based on destination before the sale was completed. Alternatively, we could just apply our own shipping calculation. Thanks for any insights.

In Ultimate, it is known as “Suppliers functionality”. However, by default only email notification is supported. If you want to interface to the supplier's system, then you would have to develop an integration specific to that (those) suppliers. We can help you with that when you get there.

All of the items on my website are dropshipped. I set up each separate dropship company as a different supplier. Shipping rates are determined by the supplier to customer address. The only issue I have is when a customer orders items from more than 1 supplier.

Then you should get N shipments (one for each supplier in the order). The customer should see the aggregated cost of shipping across all suppliers in the order.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409691770' post='191327']

In Ultimate, it is known as “Suppliers functionality”. However, by default only email notification is supported. If you want to interface to the supplier's system, then you would have to develop an integration specific to that (those) suppliers. We can help you with that when you get there.

[/quote]

Thanks for reply. Is that Add ons>>Suppliers? Does it work by assigning supplier to item and then sending email when purchased? I'll probably use default to get my feet wet. If we do well and it becomes too much work it'll be a no-brainer to do the interfacing.

[quote name='cmund' timestamp='1409844395' post='191485']

All of the items on my website are dropshipped. I set up each separate dropship company as a different supplier. Shipping rates are determined by the supplier to customer address. The only issue I have is when a customer orders items from more than 1 supplier.

[/quote]

Thanks. do you get shipping rates in real as the sale is made? I can't be calculated by the supplier. BTW, do you use any of the directories like Doba?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409856236' post='191500']

Then you should get N shipments (one for each supplier in the order). The customer should see the aggregated cost of shipping across all suppliers in the order.

[/quote]

That looks horrible, but I guess nothing to do. It is what it is. Are items marked as dropship items?

[quote]Is that Add ons>>Suppliers?[/quote] Yes

[quote]That looks horrible, but I guess nothing to do. It is what it is.[/quote] They are all coming from different locations. So why horrible?

[quote]Are items marked as dropship items?[/quote]No, most merchants do not want to disclose that they are dropshipping. They want customer to believe items are coming from separate warehouses.

I had an addon coded a while back that combined all of the supplier's shipping amounts into one amount. This made it so the customer only saw the shipping total and never saw the list of suppliers. This was coded for 2.x, but it is here on the forum somewhere and I'm sure it could be updated to 4.x.

Thanks,

Brandon

No real good answer… So as customer, I buy $25 worth of stuff and see a shipping charge of $45… I'm outta there. If I see that it's 3 different shipping charges I'm probably still outta there, but at least I'd understand they were coming from 3 different places. That's the problem with multiple suppliers… The shipping will kill the sale.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409980004' post='191586']The shipping will kill the sale.

[/quote]

Better than losing money on it.