Free Addon: Random Products Block

Hi All,

We are glad to announce the release of our new free add-on “Random Products Block”!

The add-on will help you to create a product showcase block with random items.

Backend
image-2_1ou0-23.png

Frontend

Updates:

April 03, 2015
[+] Ability to choose category for the random products

March 26, 2015

[!] Fix for Warning

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/public_html/app/Tygh/BlockManager/Block.php on line 706.
Compatible with versions 4.0.x / 4.1.x / 4.2.x / 4.3.x / 4.4.x / 4.5.x / 4.6.x / 4.7.x / 4.8.x
Demo: hungryweb.net/demo
Download: hungryweb.net/random-products

CS-ADD-00029
Please feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards,

Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

Very long awaited and wanted addon. Nobody so far made purely random product generator.

You should be telling me that you need ;)

[quote name=‘Vali’ timestamp=‘1409418739’ post=‘191120’]

You should be telling me that you need ;)

[/quote]

Does it use ORDER BY RAND() ?

Nice one Valentin,

I would like to see a more targeted addon with random products from the same category. I had that made back in 225 and forgot it.

It is more useful to have random products from the same category as from all over the store, as it serves a better purpose on finding alternative products.(for example downselling )

Fotis

Maby a scroller to…

Can't remember who but someone made addon for 4x ability to show random from specified list or category, but it could not work purely random.

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1409427226' post='191125']

Nice one Valentin,

I would like to see a more targeted addon with random products from the same category. I had that made back in 225 and forgot it.

It is more useful to have random products from the same category as from all over the store, as it serves a better purpose on finding alternative products.(for example downselling )

Fotis

[/quote]

Are there any differences between your add-on and CS-Cart Random products add-on ?

Thats the one I had in mind.

display modes:

[quote]

display modes:

manually - shows random products in a block from the list of the manually chosen products by the administrator;

similar - shows random products in a block from the same category on a product details page.

[/quote]

It does not have feature to put purely accidental product to block.

Originally in cs-cart block fillings are

Manually,

Newest,

Recently viewed,

Most popular,

Also bought,

Best sellers,

On sale,

Rating

• Similar
  • Random

is good.

[quote name=‘eComLabs’ timestamp=‘1409425117’ post=‘191124’]

Does it use ORDER BY RAND() ?

[/quote]

Yes, on the next update i will change the mysql query ;)

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1409469985' post='191149']

Thats the one I had in mind.

display modes:

It does not have feature to put purely accidental product to block.

Originally in cs-cart block fillings are

Manually,

Newest,

Recently viewed,

Most popular,

Also bought,

Best sellers,

On sale,

Rating

[quote name='Cart-Power' timestamp='1409468801' post='191148']

Are there any differences between your add-on and http://www.alt-team…cts-add-on.html ?

[/quote]

Yes,

Two display modes:
manually - shows random products in a block from the list of the manually chosen products by the administrator;
similar - shows random products in a block from the same category on a product details page.

[quote name=‘richardfmm’ timestamp=‘1409427388’ post=‘191126’]

Maby a scroller to…

[/quote]

You can use any Template you desire to list products ;)

[quote name=‘Vali’ timestamp=‘1409484728’ post=‘191153’]

Yes, on the next update i will change the mysql query ;)

[/quote]

Thank you for the answer. We do not recommend to use it for the projects with a big amount of products in the catalog. It can affect page loading speed

Is it possible that this mod would cause var/registry to generate hundreds of small siles that are stored in cache and never gets deleted?

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1412076416' post='193121']

Is it possible that this mod would cause var/registry to generate hundreds of small siles that are stored in cache and never gets deleted?

[/quote]

No, because the mode do not use cache, otherwise will not be able to create random products block

Please make a screenshot of the file/folder under var/registry and I will check who generate them

Keep on smiling,

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

March 26, 2015

[!] Fix for Warning Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/public_html/app/Tygh/BlockManager/Block.php on line 706.

To apply manual modifications please follow:

#file

app/addons/hw_random_products/schemas/block_manager/blocks.post.php

#replace

'fillings' => array ()

#with

'fillings' => array('auto' =>array('params'=>array()))

#clear cache

http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc&ctpl

3. Edit random products block by just open the block and after that save (will just save the new settings which are the same)

#clear cache again for the modifications to be applied also in the frontend

http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc&ctpl

5. Done, Have fun

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Keep on smiling,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]—[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Valentin[/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]April 03, 2015[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][+] Ability to choose category for the random products[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Keep on smiling,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]—[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Valentin[/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Great addon!

Thanks Vali.

[quote name='akistdm' timestamp='1428083900' post='210228']

Great addon!

Thanks Vali.

[/quote]

You are welcome