Payment System Icons

Does anyone know an easy way to change the payment icons in the footer, I want to add Discover and American express and remove 2co , no matter what I do I end up with more 2co icons. This is on cs cart 4.2.1 . Any help will be appreciated.

Joe

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1408717621' post='190333']

Does anyone know an easy way to change the payment icons in the footer, I want to add Discover and American express and remove 2co , no matter what I do I end up with more 2co icons. This is on cs cart 4.2.1 . Any help will be appreciated.

Joe

[/quote]

You can replace default block with payments methods with the HTML block and add required images using WYSIWYG editor.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1408722723' post='190343']

You can replace default block with payments methods with the HTML block and add required images using WYSIWYG editor.

[/quote]

Thank you for the info, do I have to change anything in the payment-icons.tpl file ?

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1408724040' post='190345']

Thank you for the info, do I have to change anything in the payment-icons.tpl file ?

[/quote]

No not if you are going to create your own block…once your happy with it just disable or delete the old one

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1408724694' post='190349']

No not if you are going to create your own block…once your happy with it just disable or delete the old one

John

[/quote]

Thank you John. I will do that, it seems cs cart does not make this a simple edit.

Remember not to delete the original png-file. It is being used for other functions, like credit-card payments in checkout.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1408729142' post='190358']

Remember not to delete the original png-file. It is being used for other functions, like credit-card payments in checkout.

[/quote]

Yes I know, Thank you though.

One thing that is weird I have 2 separate installs of 4.2.1, one was a fresh install and the other was upgaded from previous versions. Looking at the payment-icons.tpl file , they are not the same, looks like the class is changed, the fresh install show ty-payment-icons where the other one shows payment-icons, with this one if I add the missing payment icons to the custom-css in the theme editor, the icons show with no issue with the default payment-icons block, not the case with the fresh install, any thing I add to the custom css does not do nothing.

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1408739681' post='190369']

Yes I know, Thank you though.

One thing that is weird I have 2 separate installs of 4.2.1, one was a fresh install and the other was upgaded from previous versions. Looking at the payment-icons.tpl file , they are not the same, looks like the class is changed, the fresh install show ty-payment-icons where the other one shows payment-icons, with this one if I add the missing payment icons to the custom-css in the theme editor, the icons show with no issue with the default payment-icons block, not the case with the fresh install, any thing I add to the custom css does not do nothing.

[/quote]

ty-payment-icons class is used in the CS-Cart Responsive theme

payment-icons class is used in the CS-Cart Basic theme

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1408908294' post='190491']

ty-payment-icons class is used in the CS-Cart Responsive theme

payment-icons class is used in the CS-Cart Basic theme

[/quote]

That explains it. Thank you for the info, without you guys me and many will be lost here.

Thanks again

Joe

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1409106427' post='190758']

That explains it. Thank you for the info, without you guys me and many will be lost here.

Thanks again

Joe

[/quote]

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me

I have created some nice new payment icons you can use. download them from here. extract the images folder and upload it to your root directory. Then go to layouts in your admin panel and create a new html block next to the old one. then use this code

remove any line that you don't want to use that icon. you can move the icon up and down by changing the margin-bottom px and you can adjust the space between the icons my changing the margin-right px. you can adjust the size by changing the width but 51 is around the size used originally but you can go as high as 71 and it will still be clear.

I hope this helps

Sean