Promotion At Checkout

I can't figure out how I can offer a special promotion at check out.

What I am trying to do is if a customer spends $100 or more, they are prompted at checkout with a couple of special half price products that they can click and they are added to their order.

The products should be listed when the customer goes to the checkout with the text saying something like:

“By spending $100 or more you have the once only opportunity to add to your order one of these special half priced products. Click which one you want and it will be added to your order”

Any suggestions on how this can be done with CS-Cart Promotions, qany other way or if it can be done at all?

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1406623996' post='188404']

I can't figure out how I can offer a special promotion at check out.

What I am trying to do is if a customer spends $100 or more, they are prompted at checkout with a couple of special half price products that they can click and they are added to their order.

The products should be listed when the customer goes to the checkout with the text saying something like:

“By spending $100 or more you have the once only opportunity to add to your order one of these special half priced products. Click which one you want and it will be added to your order”

Any suggestions on how this can be done with CS-Cart Promotions, qany other way or if it can be done at all?

[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no ability to select one product from the list of discounted ones on the checkout page. Additional custom development work is required here.

Hello,

You can set up a discount on specific products when order subtotal is greater than $100.

1. Create a cart promotion on the Marketing > Promotions page
  2. Add the Order subtotal condition, select the equal or greater option and type in 100
  3. Add the Discount on products bonus, add the desired products, select the by percentage of the original price option and type in 50

You can let the customers know about products with a discount at checkout with using a short description of a promotion. It is displayed when a customer clicks on the name of the applied promotion.

I hope this will help.

[quote name='simtechdev' timestamp='1406625783' post='188409']

Hello,

You can set up a discount on specific products when order subtotal is greater than $100.

1. Create a cart promotion on the Marketing > Promotions page
  2. Add the Order subtotal condition, select the equal or greater option and type in 100
  3. Add the Discount on products bonus, add the desired products, select the by percentage of the original price option and type in 50

You can let the customers know about products with a discount at checkout with using a short description of a promotion. It is displayed when a customer clicks on the name of the applied promotion.

I hope this will help.

[/quote]

You are right, but ibaker wants to add an ability to select one product with discount from the set of products. There is no ability to make it without additional code modifications.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1406643645' post='188425']

You are right, but ibaker wants to add an ability to select one product with discount from the set of products. There is no ability to make it without additional code modifications.

[/quote]

Yes, I meant it as a workaround for a customer to be able to go to the page of a discounted product directly from checkout.

In order to allow customers to add products to cart at checkout, some modifications are required.