"new Shipment" Button Missing On Order Page

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi Forum,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I am new to CS-Cart Multivendor, so seeking for some guidance from experts here on couple of issues I am facing in configuration.[/font][/color]

I have enabled the Custom Shipping from Admin panel but I am unable to see the “New Shipment” button for adding shipping information from vendor panel. But i can see Remove CC Info button instead of “New Shipment”.[attachment=8175:SP32-20140625-012150.png]

[attachment=8176:SP32-20140625-012529.png]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]Please help me to get shipment button enabled on Orders.[/color][/font]

SP32-20140625-012150.png

SP32-20140625-012529.png

Make sure that the “Allow multiple shipments for a single order” setting is enabled on the Settings → General page

Hi eComLabs,

I have checked this option while installation only. But still I am facing this issue. Even I have checked shipping option in Product page also. Not sure what else the issue could be?

Regards

[quote name='fleaffair' timestamp='1403689435' post='186411']

Hi eComLabs,

I have checked this option while installation only. But still I am facing this issue. Even I have checked shipping option in Product page also. Not sure what else the issue could be?

Regards

[/quote]

As far as I can see, your order does not require shipping. Therefore there is no ability to create shipments. You can create shipments only for the orders with shipping.

Why do you think that my order does not require shipping? From which details of screenshot made you say that?

[quote name=‘fleaffair’ timestamp=‘1403708668’ post=‘186442’]

Why do you think that my order does not require shipping? From which details of screenshot made you say that?

[/quote]

Payment and shipping information should be displayed on the right side. For example, check

According to the link, That is correct behavior which I am also expecting from my cS-cart but I am unable to see the New Shipment button. That is the issue I have reported.

[quote name='fleaffair' timestamp='1403715373' post='186452']

According to the link, That is correct behavior which I am also expecting from my cS-cart but I am unable to see the New Shipment button. That is the issue I have reported.

[/quote]

As a result: on your screen we can see only Payment information section. As per our example, the “New Shipment” button is displayed in the Shipping information section which does not exist on your image. It means that no shipping methods were assigned to the order.

Please Note: Even with available shipping methods, shipping enabled/required, and allow multiple shipments per order enabled, sometimes it will only allow you to create 1 shipment per order. The reason this can occur is because when you create the first shipment, at the top of the dialog is allows you to choose which products from the order are included in that shipment. By default, all products/quantities are chosen to be included, and if all products/quantities in that order are included in the first shipment, cs-cart will not allow you to create a second shipment because ‘there are no more products in that order that have not yet been included in a shipment’. If your order has multiple products/quantities that you will ship in multiple packages, assure that only the products you want included in the first shipment are selected at the top of the shipment dialog [ie. Not all products/quantities within that order] and you will then be allowed to create a second shipment. Subsequently, if an order only contains a single product, you will obviously only be able to create one shipment for that order. Understanding these aspects and rules is very helpful in understanding when, why, and how cs-cart backend allows or prevents multiple shipments per order.

Hope this is of help.

Wow, I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the cart.

I think the functionality is being just a bit tooo smart!

What if :

a. The items were damaged in transit and admin wish to ship again. This would be the case if store owner provides their own insurance.

b. Customer has returned faulty item and need to add shipment for replacement.

c. Mistake was made by supplier/store owner by not shipping all items as per order.

d. One item actually consists of two parts shipped by different carrier and even different supplier. This is 50% of our orders.

I think it should allow multiple shipments regardless, and just pop up a message alerting of second shipment of one or more products. That make more sense to me!

Is there any way to force cscart to allow multiple shipments regardless?

I am afraid, there is no easy way to allow multiple shipments regardless