Store Closed Error Not Revealed

Hi I followed the info below to reveal why my store has closed after my recent update. Instead of revealing an error it simply shows a blank page with the link “continue” this link then leads me back to the store closed page. Only my shop front is closed, not admin.

I also remember seeing somewhere that I could open the store from the bottom right of any page?? Don’t see any way to do that.

Update was from 4.1.2 to 4.1.5

-------------

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]In CS-Cart 4.x if any error occurs, the “[/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Store[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]closed[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” page is shown by default.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]However, you can try to add the following code line (any place after the first “php” tag) in the “config.php” file in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000]define[/color][color=#666600]([/color][color=#008800]“DEVELOPMENT”[/color][color=#666600],[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]true[/color][color=#666600]);[/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]After this you should see the real error text/code.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]---------------[/font][/color]

Dear CustomBusRolls,

Thank you for the message.

[quote name='CustomBusRolls' timestamp='1403498723' post='186250']

Hi I followed the info below to reveal why my store has closed after my recent update. Instead of revealing an error it simply shows a blank page with the link “continue” this link then leads me back to the store closed page. Only my shop front is closed, not admin.

I also remember seeing somewhere that I could open the store from the bottom right of any page?? Don't see any way to do that.

Update was from 4.1.2 to 4.1.5

-------------

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]In CS-Cart 4.x if any error occurs, the “[/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Store[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]closed[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” page is shown by default.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]However, you can try to add the following code line (any place after the first “php” tag) in the “config.php” file in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000]define[/color][color=#666600]([/color][color=#008800]“DEVELOPMENT”[/color][color=#666600],[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]true[/color][color=#666600]);[/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]After this you should see the real error text/code.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]---------------[/font][/color]

[/quote]

The main aim of the Store closed page is that if there are any errors on your site, your customers will not be confused with them because they will not see any system errors, they will be hidden for customers by the Store closed page. The reason why the Store closed page appears could be found in the source code of the page. If you check it, you will find the description of the error in the green comments.

Sure, you can activate the Development mode if you wish to see errors directly on your site. But if your site is live, we recommend you not to show any errors for customers.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The reason why the [/font][/color]Store closed[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] page appears could be found in the source code of the page. If you check it, you will find the description of the error in the green comments.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

To view source code of the “store closed” page in Mac do I click on :Develop :Show page source? because no green text is showing up in the source code there?

And my above attempt in config.php gave no error either. I have taken that off now.

It states after an update that you can reopen your store from the bottom right of any page. I cannot see how to do that.

Is there another way to reopen the store than this?

Dear CustomBusRolls,

[quote name='CustomBusRolls' timestamp='1403568015' post='186301']

Is there another way to reopen the store than this?

[/quote]

Thank you for all your messages.

The mentioned attempts did not work for you because the store was closed during the upgrade process. To re-open it, please take these steps:

1. In the administration panel, go to Settings > General.
  2. Clear the Close storefront check box.
  3. Click the Save button.

Please check it.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks Anastasiya :)

So simple, it was just tucked away & I didn’t know where to look.

Dear CustomBusRolls,

[quote name=‘CustomBusRolls’ timestamp=‘1403646423’ post=‘186377’]

Thanks Anastasiya :)

So simple, it was just tucked away & I didn’t know where to look.

[/quote]

You are welcome!

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team