Save Up To $1,000 A Year With Cs-Cart Annual Subscription

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi![/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today, we are happy to introduce new purchase opportunities for our CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor software.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The currently existing purchase options remain, and will remain active; we’re just adding the new ones to provide a wider choice to our customers.[/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#333333]CS-Cart Annual Subscription[/color][/size]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subscription-based software licensing has played successfully for giants like Microsoft and Adobe, and we are happy to announce that CS-Cart has joined the club.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A CS-Cart subscription costs $195 per year and includes:[/font][/color][list]

[]Year-long access to the latest versions and updates ($110–$160/year worth)

[
]CS-Cart Facebook App subscription (if ordered separately, costs $90/year)

[]One-year access to the eBay Synchronization add-on ($125 worth)

[
]Twigmo mobile service subscription on the plan Basic ($90/year worth)

[/list]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purchasing CS-Cart on a subscription basis is a great way to get access to more features and save money.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The subscription model is not only beneficial to a merchant; it also challenges us CS-Cart authors to constantly improve our software, because the better we keep the product, the longer a CS-Cart user stays subscribed. This model stimulates feedback-driven development—when users and developers work together to build a better product.[/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#333333]Multi-Vendor Lifetime Licenses[/color][/size]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We’re happy to announce that the Multi-Vendor lifetime licenses are available for purchase again.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Earlier, we have switched Multi-Vendor licensing to the annual subscription basis, and this licensing option is certainly here to stay. Still, we’ve received multiple requests from our customers and those wanting to becomes ones to bring the lifetime licenses back.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And so we did! We are pleased to offer our potential Multi-Vendor customers a wider choice of purchase options:[/font][/color][list]

[]$590 per year (includes access to upgrades $245–$385/year worth)

[
]$1,450 one-time payment (includes 1 year free access to new versions and upgrades)

[/list]

Can I convert my lifetime license to a subscription one?

Currently, there's no way to switch between licensing modes for existing CS-Cart license owners. The only way to switch from lifetime to annual is to purchase a subscription license and enter the new license number instead of the old one in your admin panel.

So instead of paying $165.00 per year we pay $195.00 and get the extra stuff. I like that idea. You should also consider offering a plan that is slightly higher that includes the Twigmo Plus plan.

So when the subscription expires does it disable your cart? because that's what the giants like[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Microsoft and Adobe do [/font][/color]- Sno

great offer ;)

[quote name='snorocket' timestamp='1403186198' post='186083']

So when the subscription expires does it disable your cart?[/quote]

Certainly, not.

If in a year our payment processing company cannot charge the store owner's card (he used for subscribing) for another year of using the CS-Cart software, the payment system will try to do it every day for the next 14 days and the card holder receives email notifications about each failed attempt. We believe that 2 weeks is enough to add money to the card account or let the payment system know the new card details if the previous card is expired/cancelled/etc). If this automatic process fails, our representative will contact the store owner by email/phone to settle the issue on an individual basis.

Yea, but what if you don't pay ever? You don't get access to updates or what?

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1403258178' post='186138']

Yea, but what if you don't pay ever? You don't get access to updates or what?

[/quote]

You cannot have the CS-Cart software on your server without a license. If you do not pay and do not remove the software, it is definitely a legal issue.

…kind of like with your electric bill–when you stop paying it your lights go out.

For those of us who have been paying $165/year anyway just to keep updated, I think this is a good deal if you are already using one or more of the added services like Twigmo.

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1403271311' post='186161']

You cannot have the CS-Cart software on your server without a license. If you do not pay and do not remove the software, it is definitely a legal issue.

[/quote]

How about just set the cart in Free Mode if they don't pay, and disable the subscriptions, like you do on regular CS-Cart license when customers are testing it for 30 days?

How often do you update? I do not see anything attractive in new version that much that I would risk loosing page rank in google. Yes in past one of the updates killed my store for more then a 3 months till recovered, found again naturally in google.

So I prefer paying for update when I see something worth money, then for a timeframe developer is busy with expanding product range.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1403273228' post='186164']

…kind of like with your electric bill–when you stop paying it your lights go out.

For those of us who have been paying $165/year anyway just to keep updated, I think this is a good deal if you are already using one or more of the added services like Twigmo.

[/quote]

I started with 2.x and updated that till end of life, then went to 3.x and updated that to end of life. I'm now on 4.1.5. Updating has never hurt my Google rankings that I know of. I did have some problems after upgrading to 3.x but soon found and fixed them. I can see why you don't think this subscription is a good value if you don't plan on updating.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1403275232' post='186166']

How about just set the cart in Free Mode if they don't pay, and disable the subscriptions, like you do on regular CS-Cart license when customers are testing it for 30 days?

[/quote]

Good idea, thanks.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1403287917' post='186176']

How often do you update?

[/quote]

We release new CS-Cart versions several times a year.

I do not see anything attractive in new version that much that I would risk loosing page rank in google. Yes in past one of the updates killed my store for more then a 3 months till recovered, found again naturally in google.

[/quote]

Yes, we remember that you had some problems with SEO 5 years ago, but saying that “a CS-Cart upgrade killed your store for more than 3 months” is a misleading overstatement.

So I prefer paying for update when I see something worth money, then for a timeframe developer is busy with expanding product range.

[/quote]

In case of a CS-Cart subscription license, you pay annually for the right to use the CS-Cart software on your server. And yes, this fee includes the upgrades and a lot of other stuff (mobile version powered by Twigmo, cloud-based search service Searchanise, Facebook app, and eBay add-on).

If you have a small local online store and you do not need these extra features, then, yes, a lifetime CS-Cart license can be more beneficial for you in the long run.

Thank you.

Well not much changed since

Indexed Pages Dropping Since 4.1.3 - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1403511733' post='186266']

Yes, we remember that you had some problems with SEO 5 years ago, but saying that “a CS-Cart upgrade killed your store for more than 3 months” is a misleading overstatement.

Thank you.

[/quote]

So it appears that for those ( like me ) who only require[list]

[*]Year-long access to the latest versions and updates

[/list]

there has been an 80% price rise.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1404289721' post='186782']

So it appears that for those ( like me ) who only require[list]

[*]Year-long access to the latest versions and updates

[/list]

there has been an 80% price rise.

[/quote]

Did we say that for those (like you) who only require “Year-long access to the latest versions and updates” the current upgrade subscriptions ($110/year) would be not available? About what price increase do you talk? Nothing is changed for the existing CS-Cart license owners.

How should i proceed if i have a lifetime license and i want to proceed with CS-Cart annual subscription?

[quote name='jalnicu' timestamp='1404293588' post='186786']

How should i proceed if i have a lifetime license and i want to proceed with CS-Cart annual subscription?

[/quote]

Thank you for your question. Just buy a CS-Cart Subscription License and use its license key with your existing CS-Cart installation. Please note that this CS-Cart installation must be only 4.1.5, otherwise the upgrades will not be available for it. Alternatively, install a clean CS-Cart 4.1.5 installation with the new subscription license key and export your existing CS-Cart N.N.N data to this new CS-Cart installation. I hope this will help.

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1404292320' post='186784']

Did we say that for those (like you) who only require “Year-long access to the latest versions and updates” the current upgrade subscriptions ($110/year) would be not available? About what price increase do you talk? Nothing is changed for the existing CS-Cart license owners.

[/quote]

I've always paid $160 (I think) for the yearly updates. Where do you get that they are $110? Actually, I just logged in to my help desk account and chose to “prolongate” my upgrade subscription, and the cost shows as $160. I'm confused. Who gets to pay only $110? My original purchase was for CS-Cart Professional in 2009.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1404300705' post='186795']

I've always paid $160 (I think) for the yearly updates.

[/quote]

No, you paid only $49, $89 and $110. You can check your billing history on this page - https://www.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=orders.hd_search

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1404300705' post='186795']

Where do you get that they are $110? Actually, I just logged in to my help desk account and chose to “prolongate” my upgrade subscription, and the cost shows as $160. I'm confused. Who gets to pay only $110? My original purchase was for CS-Cart Professional in 2009.

[/quote]

If you prolongate your upgrade subscription within 1 month since the previous subscription is over, another year will cost you $110. If you decide to prolongate it later, your price will be $160. More details can be found on our website - Resources :: Upgrade Policy.

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1404303036' post='186800']

No, you paid only $49, $89 and $110. You can check your billing history on this page - https://www.cs-cart…rders.hd_search

If you prolongate your upgrade subscription within 1 month since the previous subscription is over, another year will cost you $110. If you decide to prolongate it later, your price will be $160. More details can be found on our website - http://www.cs-cart.c…de-policy.html.

[/quote]

OK my confusion on the previous upgrade payments. I see the history now.

Still confused on why if I choose to “prolongate” now (my current subscription ends August 30, 2014) the cost is $160.