Limiting Reward Points To Be Used

Is ther anyway to restrict the number of reward points used on a sngle order.

ie if I set the limit at 500 ( €5 ) then no matter how many points a user has that the max they can us.

thanks

At manage/addons if you click the wheel somewhere down the bottom you can click “maximal” but you cannot insert a number. Not sure also if that will do what you are looking for. It is the only thing that I could find.

I have the exact request. There is no where to define maximum reward points can be applied per order.

Dear Friends, please feel free to contact us here CS-Cart Templates - CS-Cart Skins - CS-Cart Addons - CS-Cart Mods and we will prepare an addon for your cart version.

[quote name='grabbags' timestamp='1402025190' post='185200']

I have the exact request. There is no where to define maximum reward points can be applied per order.

[/quote]

v 2.x - open “addons/reward_points/controllers/customer/checkout.post.php” file

v 4.x - open “app/addons/reward_points/controllers/frontend/checkout.post.php” file

And replace:

$_SESSION['cart']['points_info']['in_use']['points'] = $points_to_use;

with:

if ($points_to_use > 1000) {
$points_to_use = 1000;
}
$_SESSION['cart']['points_info']['in_use']['points'] = $points_to_use;

Hope that helps.

Basically, when you offer Reward Points you are GIVING away free merchandise. The MORE they BUY, the MORE they get for FREE.

The idea of limiting the amount of Reward Points that can be redeemed per order is BAD.

Reward Points are a Payment Method. Your customers EARNED the points in good faith when they made a purchase, and SHOULD be able to use their points any way they like.

You issued the points, but when the customer attempts to redeem them, you renege on accepting them? That's just bad for your reputation.

If Reward Points are a burden for you, then you are either giving TOO many points per dollar spent, or you are giving TOO much value when redeemed or you should just stop giving them all together.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1402065361' post='185236']

Basically, when you offer Reward Points you are GIVING away free merchandise. The MORE they BUY, the MORE they get for FREE.

The idea of limiting the amount of Reward Points that can be redeemed per order is BAD.

Reward Points are a Payment Method. Your customers EARNED the points in good faith when they made a purchase, and SHOULD be able to use their points any way they like.

You issued the points, but when the customer attempts to redeem them, you renege on accepting them? That's just bad for your reputation.

If Reward Points are a burden for you, then you are either giving TOO many points per dollar spent, or you are giving TOO much value when redeemed or you should just stop giving them all together.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this.