Some Question Before Start

Hey guys i need some advices before starting a new project and maybe start it the wrong way. I have been away for some time i think i worder with version 4.0.3. or something like this but now i have another client and another shop to make. As i can see there are a lot of changes like bootstrap css, API etc.

So here some basic data about what i need to do and what my client want from the shop:

• 2 different currencies (EUR primary, RUB)
  • 3 languages (Russian, English, Slovenian)
  • i guess 1 store is a proper choise or it should be 2?

So here are some question where i need some opinions, suggestions and answers:

1.) Different storefronts (homepages) for each language?

I looked at admin panel, try few things and read some answers at this forum but didn't get any proper solution. Is it possible to have a different storefront for each language? It doesn't need to be different layout or different blocks or anything like this (even if this will be nice too) but how can i add different banners in “Main banners” block? I tried a few thing and nothing really works? I clicked on different languages at the left side in “Design → layouts->Homepage tab” but nothing happens. Banners are still the same for all languages? How to show let's say russian banners on russian homepage, english banners on english homepage etc? Is it possible? Possible for other things too not just banners? Maybe different layouts for every language?

2.) Bootstrap CSS (responsive?)

Like i said before i noticed that CS cart now use Bootstrap CSS. Pretty cool but is this older version of bootstrap (2.3) or it's a new one (3.0)?

I read that next version of CS cart will also have a mobile (responsive) templates? What's the easiest way to change one of the build in templates to make it responsive?

I read in your KB that i need to download bootstrap with responsive items checked and then replace a current version of CSS. But there (at bootstrap) are many other options to choose as well. So what else i need to choose (if anything)?

3.) Full width theme

I guess i will choose one of your build in theme and customize it. But please in next version add at least one full width theme. Right now i think there is only one theme with different colours which doesn't really helps as i can change colors by build in editor. With full width i just mean full width header and footer with centered (960px or something like that) container for content.

4.) Languages and currencies

Is it maybe possible to automatically switch the language depends on which currency is choosen and vise versa. For example when russian language is choosen, show prices in RUB?

What about switching languages or currency automatically based on user location (IP address)?

So i hope i will receive some answers and suggestions here. Most important thing for me right now are 1.) and 2.) all other is not so “critical” right now.

Maybe you have any other (easier) solution or approach just write it i will be happy to read other approaches too. It's better to ask first and start the right way than start the wrong way and try to fix it up later.

Thanks!
  1. In 4.1.3 I “believe” that banners are now language sensitive
  2. Older version and not responsive design in 4.1.x. 4.2.x will probably be newer version and is intended to be responsive.
  3. Technically, if “responsive” full-width theme would be definition always be true (depending on breakpoints set in the responsive control)
  4. Localization (language, currency, weights) should be in current version

Good day,

1. Check this article to see how to add different images per language
  2. Responsive theme is expected in 4.2 release. Please note that it will be in beta state. But several 3rd party companies offer responsive themes for sale.
  3. For the header, top panel, footer and content you can define the “Full width” setting in the theme editor
  4. tbirnseth is right, but note that this feature is disabled by default. The “disable_localizations” tweak is located in the config.local.php file.

Hey thanks for answers. EcomLabs which article for 1. ?

[quote]For the header, top panel, footer and content you can define the “Full width” setting in the theme editor[/quote]

Where exactly you mean?

One more thing. If i will use 2 or 3 different currencies and EUR is primary one. Customers will pay in choosen currency or in EUR. For example if customer choose RUB currency, add product to basket and make a purchase and decide to pay with Paypal for example. He will pay in which currency? I mean price at paypal will be in RUB or in primary currency (EUR)?

[quote name='Milch' timestamp='1397814627' post='181930']

Hey thanks for answers. EcomLabs which article for 1. ?

[/quote]

Sorry, CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Where exactly you mean?

[/quote]

I have missed up it with another feature. To enable full width go to Design->Layouts page, click on the gear icon near the “Main” layout name at left side bar, select the “Properties” item and change the “Layout width” setting.

One more thing. If i will use 2 or 3 different currencies and EUR is primary one. Customers will pay in choosen currency or in EUR. For example if customer choose RUB currency, add product to basket and make a purchase and decide to pay with Paypal for example. He will pay in which currency? I mean price at paypal will be in RUB or in primary currency (EUR)?

[/quote]

All calculations are made in the primary currency. Several integrated payment methods support currency conversion, but the main part - not.

Hope that helps.

Hey thanks this banner feature actually works! Not sure what i did wrong the last time i checked but now different banners show on different languages. So russian banners on russian homepage, english on english homepage etc. Pretty cool.

About the full width. Yes i found this feature you meantion before. I guess we think the same one: Design->Layouts. Then on the left side under “Switch layout” mouse over “Main” then click “Cog” icon and “Properties” and in popup choose: “Layout width: full width”

This makes entire page full width but i guess i can’t for example choose header section and make it full width, then choose footer section and make it full width. Leaving the main content container 16 columns (960px) centered for example?

Website looks kind of “scary” if entire page is full width :) Banner slider is huge on 22" monitor :)

Anyway i will try with CSS to make the header and footer as a full width (at least it will looks like that) and leave content container as it is.

Thanks for your time and help. If you or others think that there is also other thing which i should be aware of let me know :)

[quote name=‘Milch’ timestamp=‘1397824201’ post=‘181943’]

Hey thanks this banner feature actually works! Not sure what i did wrong the last time i checked but now different banners show on different languages. So russian banners on russian homepage, english on english homepage etc. Pretty cool.

About the full width. Yes i found this feature you meantion before. I guess we think the same one: Design->Layouts. Then on the left side under “Switch layout” mouse over “Main” then click “Cog” icon and “Properties” and in popup choose: “Layout width: full width”

This makes entire page full width but i guess i can’t for example choose header section and make it full width, then choose footer section and make it full width. Leaving the main content container 16 columns (960px) centered for example?

Website looks kind of “scary” if entire page is full width :) Banner slider is huge on 22" monitor :)

Anyway i will try with CSS to make the header and footer as a full width (at least it will looks like that) and leave content container as it is.

Thanks for your time and help. If you or others think that there is also other thing which i should be aware of let me know :)

[/quote]

You are right. Full width can be set to the whole content only. Use CSS to make only header/ bottom part full width. Thanks