Help Cscart Now Costing Me Sales

Since going live with v4 my sales have dropped by half. It has been puzzling me to find out why so I did some research and found half of my customers are using mobile devices and v4 causes them grief in trying to navigate around the site and make purchases so they just leave.

I tried to go to a subcategory from the menu on my phone and sure enough I couldn't

Tried the quick view on my iPad and the screen just went cloudy with no pop up and I couldn't get out of it and many other issues

This is a disaster, I am using the default install and menu bar etc at www.clearprop.com.au

What can I do?

Hi Ian, Im afraid I have quick or easy answer for you. I think your options might be to;

1. Wait until the repsonsive version of Cs Cart comes out
  2. Buy and install a new Cs Cart4 responsive theme from one of the sellers here

Hello,

I would like to know if ibaker's problem is seen by everyone upgrading to V4.x.x. I think I would have seen more posts regarding this, if it is a general problem. I am planning on upgrading to the latest version (now, after the responsive version comes out) and don't want to experience the same problem. I don't have access to any tablet, so I can't check.

Thanks,

Bob

I think the main problem is that you ARE using a responsive site. I see the menu change when I visit it on my mobile or make the window on my pc smaller.

A lot of people won't know how to access the rest of the menu (the 3 strips), hence they will leave. Easy fix.

See attachment for screenshot.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1396204453' post='180438']

I think the main problem is that you ARE using a responsive site. I see the menu change when I visit it on my mobile or make the window on my pc smaller.

A lot of people won't know how to access the rest of the menu (the 3 strips), hence they will leave. Easy fix.

See attachment for screenshot.

[/quote]

That's not my cscart site…that is my forum site using Xenforo on a different domain called www.recreationalflying.com. The shop site is at www.clearprop.com.au

Aha. Well I don't know why it wouldn't work on mobile devices, it's working fine on my Android device and other cs-cart sites work OK on any mobile device.

But you might want to change your header titles which is now still default and might explain loss in ranking.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1396249839' post='180490']

Aha. Well I don't know why it wouldn't work on mobile devices, it's working fine on my Android device and other cs-cart sites work OK on any mobile device.

But you might want to change your header titles which is now still default and might explain loss in ranking.

[/quote]

What…I did change it a few weeks ago but looks like it didn't stick…thanks mate, all done now

Interestingly the menu stays one line across on my android phone but breakes into two lines on my iPad

@ibaker,

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1396140433' post='180394']

What can I do?

[/quote]

Why Twigmo is not a solution for you?

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1396252083' post='180502']

@ibaker,

[/quote]

Because I don't like being conned…it was free but then it wasn't…I would much prefer to change to say opencart then to be conned into something like the whole twigmo and searchanise fiasco is

@ibaker,

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1396252825' post='180506']

Because I don't like being conned…it was free but then it wasn't…I would much prefer to change to say opencart then to be conned into something like the whole twigmo and searchanise fiasco is

[/quote]

There is free plan.

Ecommerce Solutions and Software for all types of business - CS-Cart

But as far as I understand it does not suit your needs.

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1396252825' post='180506']

searchanise fiasco

[/quote]

What's the fiasco with Searchanise?

The responsive style is said to come out as beta in the next week.

Your navigation menu is pretty hard to navigate on mobile. My galaxy s4 resizes your page and the navigation manu becomes very small and hard to read. The same goes for breadcrumb, the tabs on product pages.

But the real killer is that when I add one item to my cart, it says that I have added 2. I think that the average customer will suspect a scam and leave.

I know this is a free product, but the text is so small and the popup disappears quickly so the average customer will not see that. They will just see an unknown item added to their cart, while they did no such thing.

So increase all font sizes so that you do not have any small fonts. And remove that freebie.

Even I am waiting for responsive template.

Fingers crossed they push it out soon…

Just bought at ThemeForest resposive one. Cost is adequate. For sure.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1396252083' post='180502']

@ibaker,

[/quote]

Not an option for anyone with a tight margin…

If your sales have literally “dropped by half”, then it seems to me that $90/year for Twigmo would be a wise investment. You can't expect everything to be free. Either get Twigmo, wait for responsive design which could be months from now, buy a responsive template, or switch to another cart. Those are your options, plain and simple.

[quote name='salvag' timestamp='1397845676' post='181953']

If your sales have literally “dropped by half”, then it seems to me that $90/year for Twigmo would be a wise investment. You can't expect everything to be free. Either get Twigmo, wait for responsive design which could be months from now, buy a responsive template, or switch to another cart. Those are your options, plain and simple.

[/quote]

Actually for our stores, it would be $468 per year for the big store and $220 per year per store for the smaller stores.

The sites actually looked better with Twigmo turned off anyway.

We couldn't use our site properly with it on.

I don't like those dual scroll bars you have on your site.

The top menu should probably be put into a rollup like this one:

Free Addon WoahBar - like Hellobar free Solution- - Third-Party Add-ons - CS-Cart Community Forums

or something…

If the costs you're quoting are making a significant difference to your bottom line then I'd look for another business. Just over a dollar a day shouldn't even be noticeable and mobile sales should dwarf that.

That menu is really bad. That probably costs a lot of sales from frustrated potential customers who go to an easier to use site.