How To Set Up Dropdown Horizontal For Top Menu With 1 Column In Dropdown

Before I upgraded to 4.1.3 I had my site set up to have the top menu as a drop down but it only showed 1 row of all the categories that were in the second level. So basically I had each one of the drop downs would look like this…

[attachment=7867:2014-03-28 21_55_08-Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart.png]

I was looking at some things and was trying to look at this again and now they all went back to looking like this…

[attachment=7866:2014-03-28 21_54_48-Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart.png]

In the admin you change it in the layouts but what I was doing was changing the “Second level elements” to 12 and then the “Third level elements” to 1. The strange part is I kept changing it to this and CS-Cart kept changing it back to 6. Now it seems to be sticking with the “1” but it still shows the whole tree.

The only instructions I could find on the dropdown horizontal menu was here: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

The problem is those instructions are very generic. Does anyone know if there are better instructions on how the main horizontal menu works or what the settings can be? I am guessing that I am doing something completely wrong from what I just did a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to figure out what the heck I did before.

2014-03-28 21_50_42-Design __ Layouts - CS-Cart Administration panel.png

2014-03-28 21_54_48-Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart.png

2014-03-28 21_55_08-Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart.png

how you solved the problem

I have the same problem.

Sorry, never did figure it out.

We have found the following code in the topmenu_dropdown.tpl file:

{if !$item1.$childs|fn_check_second_level_child_array:$childs}
{* Only two levels. Vertical output *}
{else}

It looks like the output depends on the category child and not on the block settings.