What Does "activate Menu Item For Dispatch" Mean?

Im under the “designs>menus” tab on the admin page changing around categories and under each category when editing it has a line that says “Activate menu item for dispatch”.

What does this mean?

Item_dispatch.JPG

Hello harpersmoto,

The meaning of this line is “Specify the pages on which to display the tab as active (e.g. sitemap.view).”

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

Appreciate the meaning of that, now I just got to figure out exactly what it does I guess ha Or just some more playing around with the menu's page

It adds the :active class to that element, so for example, you add 'sitemap.view' as the value for “Activate menu item for dispatch”, the CSS class will be adjusted for that particular page.

For example, when viewing the Sitemap page, using the default text menu block, you'll see this change…

```php

```
Note the 'active' class has been added to the sitemap (sitemap.view dispatch) link, therefore you can apply some CSS styling to a:active to highlight to the user which page they are currently viewing.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1391111018' post='176413']

It adds the :active class to that element, so for example, you add 'sitemap.view' as the value for “Activate menu item for dispatch”, the CSS class will be adjusted for that particular page.

For example, when viewing the Sitemap page, using the default text menu block, you'll see this change…

```php

```
Note the 'active' class has been added to the sitemap (sitemap.view dispatch) link, therefore you can apply some CSS styling to a:active to highlight to the user which page they are currently viewing.
[/quote]

Where do you end up finding all this stuff at or locate this type of information?
I'm always trying to find information on these things but cant ever really find anything, or maybe I'm just 100% understanding it when I do find it.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1391124945' post='176423']

Where do you end up finding all this stuff at or locate this type of information?

I'm always trying to find information on these things but cant ever really find anything, or maybe I'm just 100% understanding it when I do find it.

[/quote]

Experience; something you unfortunately cannot teach.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1391133265' post='176425']

Experience; something you unfortunately cannot teach.

[/quote]

Very true. I'm trying to learn more of this day by day but lets be honest, its not the easiest thing in the world to teach yourself.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1391111018' post='176413']

```php

```
[/quote]

Sorry to drag up an old thread but how do you find the dispatch required for a single page? Eg second-page.html above to highlight just that~?? What would the dispatch be for that?

Thanks

Lee

Try to use

pages.view?page_id=XX

where XX - is the page ID which can be found on the address bar on the Update CMS page page in the admin panel

P.S. I am not sure that this option supports additional parameters (like page_id=XX), but you can try

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that doesn't work, as soon as I try anything with 'pages' in it, it highlights the menu when you are on any page, so when you click on contact us for for example, about us is still highlighted

This is something that should just be in there by default you would have thought

Lee

Just to help anyone else coming across this issue, I've set create dropdown page and selected the current page. You don't see a dropdown but it now activates, very odd and very frustrating!

Lee

[quote name='leeshields' timestamp='1420816438' post='202089']

Just to help anyone else coming across this issue, I've set create dropdown page and selected the current page. You don't see a dropdown but it now activates, very odd and very frustrating!

Lee

[/quote]

Hi leeshields,

I'm in trouble with same issue, too,

Can you explain more please, what you done?

What you mean?

Hi

Crikey it's been a while since I did this - I assume you want a single page to highlight as active in the main menu not trigger other menu highlights (think that's the issue I was having)

I use this CSS for menu items

.ty-menu__item .ty-menu__item-link {
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: 600;
}
.ty-menu__item.ty-menu__item-active .ty-menu__item-link {
background-color: #6c7384;
}
.ty-menu__submenu .ty-menu__submenu-items .ty-menu__submenu-item-active a {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #fff;
color: #333;
}
and have nothing in the Activate menu item for dispatch - I do though have the generate submenu set to Page > then select the same page as the page specified above - I also have Use the "link text" ticked

Any more than that I'd have to really start looking back into the issue I was having

I think I was working on this site at the time trying to get the main menu to appear with products and single pages correctly

http://www.gpackman.co.uk/

Lee