Showing A Flag Beside Currency Selector?

Would it be possible to show a small flag beside the currency selector either through add-on or maybe some CSS?

Thank you!

Bump!

Anyone have any clue at all?

Far as I understand, this is the default behavor (or it used to be). It is done via a sprite. So suggest you check your browser's console log to see if you are getting any 404's on image fetches.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1389391226' post='174893']

Far as I understand, this is the default behavor (or it used to be). It is done via a sprite. So suggest you check your browser's console log to see if you are getting any 404's on image fetches.

[/quote]

This is what mine looks like: http://puu.sh/6jxV4.jpg

I dont see anything in the console about flags though.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1389391226' post='174893']

[/quote]

I found that the Language bar does include a flag, but I dont think that the currency selector does. http://demo.cs-cart.com/

Yes, the language selector has all flags. There are 2 easy ways to do this:

1. extend the currency data with language code, and include this code the same way as in the language selector: USD ($)
  2. include the currency code in the template file as a class, and extend the flags CSS with currency codes: USD ($)

I think, the first one is the most elegant way, but in that case, you have to extend the database. If you are intrested in this solution, I can make it for you as an Add-on.

Regards,

Istvan

[quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1389623610' post='175025']

I found that the Language bar does include a flag, but I dont think that the currency selector does. [url=“http://demo.cs-cart.com/”]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

[/quote]

Guess I'm wrong. But the symbol is shown for the currency. Note that currencies are not necessarily related to a country (like the Euro).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1389647422' post='175057']

Guess I'm wrong. But the symbol is shown for the currency. Note that currencies are not necessarily related to a country (like the Euro).

[/quote]

Yeah, we have the symbol showing currency. In our case the currency does relate to the country (Canaidan/US Dollar).

This is my solution:

GitHub - drahosistvan/Currency-countries-CS-Cart-add-on: You can define language codes for currencies, and display them in the currency selector

Regards,

Istvan Drahos

[quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1389650137' post='175061']

Yeah, we have the symbol showing currency. In our case the currency does relate to the country (Canaidan/US Dollar).

[/quote]

Hi Istvan,

Thank you for the addon. I played with it, but it only shows US flag on currency list. I've defined country code under “Administration - Currencies - Associated country code”, for example AU for Australia, CA for canada.

What's the problem?

[quote name='ghostrider' timestamp='1389771498' post='175168']

Hi Istvan,

Thank you for the addon. I played with it, but it only shows US flag on currency list. I've defined country code under “Administration - Currencies - Associated country code”, for example AU for Australia, CA for canada.

What's the problem?

[/quote]

I am having the same problem.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I suggest you, to go to PHPMyAdmin, and find the cscart_currencies table.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]There should be a country_code field. Rewrite the field's content, and it will work.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I will check the add-on again, and provide a video tutorial, but now, I have limited time due to other works.[/font][/color]

Hi,

Sorry, that was my mistake. I made a change realted to the backend skin forlder structure. Check my repo: GitHub - drahosistvan/Currency-countries-CS-Cart-add-on: You can define language codes for currencies, and display them in the currency selector

Regards,

Istvan

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1389815973' post='175249']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I suggest you, to go to PHPMyAdmin, and find the cscart_currencies table.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]There should be a country_code field. Rewrite the field's content, and it will work.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I will check the add-on again, and provide a video tutorial, but now, I have limited time due to other works.[/font][/color]

[/quote][quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1389813676' post='175243']

I am having the same problem.

[/quote]

Hi Istvan,

Thank you for this addon. It works great now!