The new block Homepage-our-brands

Hello,

We download for test 4.0.3 version, but we can't find the brands block.

We saw it on the demo:

[url=“http://demo.cs-cart.com/”]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Do you know something?

I’m not really sure what’s going on. These features (brands slider and the image blocks showing low price guarantee, free shipping and free returns) were on the Labs site which runs the latest in-development version, 4.0.4. Now, as you have pointed out, the demo store is also showing these, but it reports (using ?version in URL) to be 4.0.3. I actually paid CS to integrate the brand slider for 4.0.1, but upgraded to 4.0.3 on their advice due to a bug elsewhere in the cart. Needless to say, it wasn’t made clear that the “addon” was actually core-modified files and so, the “addon” was lost in the upgrade and my restore now has a broken brand slider, can’t seem to figure out why it won’t display the actual product feature image instead of the placeholder image…CS want us to pay for them to re-do it, but have included it in 4.0.4… :?

Unfortunately it’s not all too uncommon for CS to release a new version, then add a small change - new feature, bug fix, whatever - and add it to that same package without letting anyone know. Logically it should be an incremental release version number. In saying that, it’s quite common for CS to update the demo store within a day or so of the new version being made public.

May be the demo is not on 4.0.3

[quote name='ibizo' timestamp='1386277735' post='173022']

May be the demo is not on 4.0.3

[/quote]

The demo is running the official 4.0.3 with further tweaks, fixes and functionality. I have received confirmation today that 4.0.4 will not be released and what you are seeing on the Labs/Demo site will be included in 4.1.1, scheduled for release by the end of this month.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1386279434' post='173026']

The demo is running the official 4.0.3 with further tweaks, fixes and functionality. I have received confirmation today that 4.0.4 will not be released and what you are seeing on the Labs/Demo site will be included in 4.1.1, scheduled for release by the end of this month.

[/quote]

Thanks

[font=Verdana][size=3]Dear Stefan,[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]We have updated information for you. As we got to know, the [/size][/font]Our Brands[font=Verdana][size=3] block will be released in CS-Cart version 4.1. The release is expected at the end of the year. I hope it will suit you well. [/size][/font][color=#500050][font=Verdana][size=3]

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you.[/size][/font][/color]

Interesting. So they show the “lab” version as the “live” demo for CS-Cart? Oh my, that is confusing. Not to mention I just spent time trying to figure out how to do it and could not. I am very glad you posted the info here though. THANKS!

Yep. Usually the labs site is updated to the next build in a matter of a few days/weeks before the new version is released. This time, for whatever reasons, CS-Cart have decided to publish the next version on both the labs and the demo site too. Gotta be some pretty pissed new customers buying the cart in the last month for these features only to find they are not available yet.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1386930319' post='173457']

Yep. Usually the labs site is updated to the next build in a matter of a few days/weeks before the new version is released. This time, for whatever reasons, CS-Cart have decided to publish the next version on both the labs and the demo site too. Gotta be some pretty pissed new customers buying the cart in the last month for these features only to find they are not available yet.

[/quote]

I guess anyone who has bought thinking they will get features that don't exist yet will have a fair claim to misrepresentation and misselling!!

Not good business ethics on that one.

Barry

Aggg I was looking the same… :?

No Brands for 4.03 :? :confused: :shock: :(