Do the blocks effect SEO?

Do the blocks effect SEO in a negative way? Positive? Why or why not?

Blocks in themselves do not seem to have any effect on SEO, but the content within those blocks does. For example, the Wrappers used for Blocks has a negative impact on SEO. The “mainbox general” and “mainbox simple” templates use an

tag for the title. This is suicide for SEO. The “sidebar general” and “sidebox important” templates use an

tag for the title. Not ideal, but still better than multiple

tags.

There are many, many things in CS-Cart which can be altered fairly easily to resolve some of the shortcomings in SEO, but unfortunately many of these issues require major rewrites. Why CS-Cart did not implement the necessary changes during the rewrite for V4…only they know.

Thank you StellarBytes for explaining. Hopefully CS Cart will implement this change in the near future.

[quote name='kristabrashear' timestamp='1384982419' post='172022']

Thank you StellarBytes for explaining. Hopefully CS Cart will implement this change in the near future.

[/quote]

From my understanding it is not in their current plans. Very poor oversight in my opinion because the very nature of the software in regards to SEO determines a large proportion of an online stores success.

Hence why I have said there are so many absurd things wrong with this cart.

Spend hours trying to get this cart to work seo wise.

Yet not one article or anything in their manuals. Nor have I seen one admin come on here and help anyone out with the H tags or anything related.

Sell a product designed for people to start a business and it is flawed badly for anyone to do it.

And then people have no idea how to change their product. Asking for help on forums and falls on deaf ears.

And then it isn't changed through many updates.

Just another example of many.

One easy thing you can do with the H tags is to just duplicate the wrappers. You can duplicate the mainbox general one and do it for h2, h3, h4, etc. Pretty easy to do. This might not fix it all, but you can use it to fix a lot of it.

Then as for answers on the forum. You do realize that the forum is full of people that are donating their time to answer questions, right? None of us are paid to answer questions.

Then, if CS-Cart is so flawed, go somewhere else. Don't worry about the rest of us, we'll just hang out here and keep making money off of our “flawed” system.

Thanks,

Brandon

dan4288, the forums are for peer to peer support. If you want help directly then use your Help Desk/Dashboard.

Personally I think too many people rely on SEO which is a constantly evolving field. Tradition marketing methods work far better in my experience.

Most searches these days return so many irrelevant results many people just don't bother and go directly to the site they know and trust.

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1388323127' post='174198']

Personally I think too many people rely on SEO which is a constantly evolving field. Tradition marketing methods work far better in my experience.

[/quote]

Not a bad point, the way things are heading the page 1 holy grail is being like any other advertising method only so many slots on the page…same as whether it be a newspaper, a programme, magazine, whatever, all must be rotated in some way to keep as many major players as happy as poss (especially if paying for the ad spots). External advertising driving people to your site is still as important as the days of having a paper catalogue of your products/service published/posted to get you in front of potential buyers.