Having trouble starting live store.

I just finished upgrading to v4.0.2 & 4.0.3 and wish to replace old store now.

I moved old store to sub directory & moved new store to root.

I changed the paths in config.local.

I can now access front end but I can not access back end.

What am I forgetting???

.htaccess file?

Oh, you said backend… config.local Admin path named properly?

[quote name='Scott_C' timestamp='1384953287' post='171999']

Oh, you said backend… config.local Admin path named properly?

[/quote]Yes front end seems fine. When I try to connect to back end, the path still seems to be going to the old sub directory.

I deleted the sub directory from the path in the config.local.php file.

When I place the new store back into the sub directory again and add the path back to config.local, all works fine again.

I was thinking that maybe the script time limit was set too long. I changed it to 200, but that didnt seem to do anything.

[quote name='jimmyod' timestamp='1384958262' post='172002']

I really don't understand it. New store works fine in sub directory but once I move it to the root and delete the sub directory name from the path in the config.local.php file New store doesn,t work anymore.

[/quote]

Bump?

In the .htaccess file, what is your RewriteBase value? Either comment that line out or set it to “RewriteBase: /”

Also, log in to your server via FTP and manually delete the /var/cache/ folder contents.

[quote name=‘StellarBytes’ timestamp=‘1385045489’ post=‘172062’]

In the .htaccess file, what is your RewriteBase value? Either comment that line out or set it to “RewriteBase: /”

Also, log in to your server via FTP and manually delete the /var/cache/ folder contents.

[/quote]StellarBytes, you are a genius & an asset to the community. Thank you that worked. :grin:

Are the store URLs correct in the database, go into phpmyadmin and check they are correct.

Are you fixed just as I posted. Glad its working.

[quote name=‘Ausy’ timestamp=‘1385049618’ post=‘172068’]

Are the store URLs correct in the database, go into phpmyadmin and check they are correct.

Are you fixed just as I posted. Glad its working.

[/quote]Thanks for the reminder. I did check that. I am fixed now.(Although some may say I still need help.) :mrgreen:

Thank you.