Hosting Recommendation?

Hey all,

We currently use godaddy shared hosting and I've notice that CS Cart 4 does tend to load slow (or not at all) during peak hours. I am looking to switch our host and need recommendations. I saw A2's pricing and looks good but we are a small shop and some of the VPS hosting is out of our budget. I would like to see options for anything from $6 - 12 per month, so I'm hoping for a lot of good options to sort through. We initially did godaddy bc of the price and just to get an online store presence (hand built) but now with the CS Cart installation for easier maintenance and product updates, we now need a more reliable host for our store. Thanks again.

Keith

www.gandgmodelshop.com/store/

No personal experience with them,: [url=“http://www.vps.me/”]Best VPS Hosting | SSD Storage & Full Root Access

Have you looked at the CS-Cart approved partners? I like RangeHosting but I am biased. :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If you can get by without 3rd party licenses (Cpanel/WHM, Plesk) and work from a command line then you can find a reasonable VPS solution for around $20/month that should easily outperform any shared hosting package that Godaddy has to offer. They do domains well, hosting: no so much.

Ive been on site5.com for over a year, never had any issues and its around $15/month

Will look into all. Thanks. I did look at the partner hosting platforms but I then see little horror stories in the forums about them too so I'm hesitant to pull that trigger. I have a personal site on a different host with cpanel but I am getting them to upgrade the server to PHP 5.3.0 bc it doesn't have that in order for me to test the cs-cart install.

We've been using InMotion Hosting.com for several years. The cPanel is very well organized and easy to use. They also include U.S. based tech support 24/7 (and it's really true - I've called them at 2am and been helped!). We've never had any down time. Also, 1 domain name registration is free with your first year of hosting. They're also very good about sending a follow-up email with details and/or links related to each call to tech support.

Many years ago we used InMotion hosting which all things considered was good for the price for shared hosting.

Although they had support problems late nights and holidays.

They were not good at VPS at least not then.

Look for good 24 hour phone support as a minimum - support is very important.

I would recommend Site Ground to anyone looking for a stable and resourceful environment for their cs cart projects. They offer shared hosting from $3.95 to $14.95 per month. I host 4 cs cart websites with them and I would personally recommend the Go Geek plan at $14.95. Their cPanel has a lot of useful tools but my favorites are the static cache tool or the google page speed tool, to speed up your cs cart website. Although I have not submitted many support tickets their response has been quick and professional.

Martfox offers very reliable and competitive web hosting plans for CS-Cart. Just have a look here:

Shared Hosting Plans

Ecommerce Hosting Plan (shared)

VPS Servers UK & US Based

Have a nice day.

[url=“http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/”]http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/[/url]

Been there for almost ten years now, very reliable and quick support.

Take a look also at www.hostgator.com ;)

Hostgator was aquired by EIG, better stay away from them if you don't want headache.

If you want a cheap and good VPS (starting from $5/month) and get $10 bonus try Digitalocean

or Vultr.

Heres a great resource: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

Everything you need to know about hosting. Btway.. Hostgator nitemares are well documented there.

I Personaly use Knownhost VPS and have been extremely satified.

Hello Amazon without any doubt :-) if you need help with configuration just let me know

Marian

VPS $6 - £12 per month ? forget it. You'll either be on a strangled server or be at risk of the company disapearing and taking your data with them.

It really depends on your site and traffic but cloud hosting looks your best option at that price level.

Something has gone terribly wrong on your web site bro

Each link like http://gandgmodelshop.com/shop/model-kits/aircraft//academy-12259-f-16-a-c-falcon-fighter/

in not working I suppose seo is not working properly

Martfox offers very reliable and competitive web hosting plans for CS-Cart. Just have a look here:

Shared Hosting Plans
Ecommerce Hosting Plan (shared)
VPS Servers UK & US Based

Have a nice day.

Whats happened to Martfox..anyone know

Whats happened to Martfox..anyone know

I had issues with them for months before cutting my losses and moving host provider; I think they gone bust..

My current host now is good however they have a limit on CPU usage and low max_exec_time so my export feeds timeout.

Can anyone recommend hosting for the UK for approx. 5000 products that I can easily import and then export to google every day on shared hosting?

I have tried the below:

1. Martfox- AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
2. Greengeeks - max script limit too low.
3. Sgis - max script limit too low.
4. Launchtoday. Good but max script limit too low and 5% cpu allowance limit

I'm thinking of fastcomet.com. Anyone had any experience?

I had issues with them for months before cutting my losses and moving host provider; I think they gone bust..

My current host now is good however they have a limit on CPU usage and low max_exec_time so my export feeds timeout.

Can anyone recommend hosting for the UK for approx. 5000 products that I can easily import and then export to google every day on shared hosting?

I have tried the below:

1. Martfox- AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
2. Greengeeks - max script limit too low.
3. Sgis - max script limit too low.
4. Launchtoday. Good but max script limit too low and 5% cpu allowance limit

I'm thinking of fastcomet.com. Anyone had any experience?

On 5000 products, shared hosting isn't ideal, you should look for other solution, VPS, dedicated server self managed or managed.

On shared hosting all resources are very limited. (CPU, RAM, I/O, etc.)

Recommendations see above.