Upgrade from 3.0.6 Ultimate to 4.0.2 stalls

I have a fresh install of Cs-cart 4.0.2.

I'm trying to import my stores(3) from 3.0.6 Ultimate to Cs-cart 4.0.2, I have PHP 5.3.27 installed on siteground's server.

1.- I type the store path.

2.- I validate it

3- CS-CART gives me all the correct input fields

4.- I click “import data”

5.- Cloning database - Backing up data for…

6- Cs-CART stalls for hours with no success.

7.- No storefronts defined…

8.- Taking a nap now…

Could you please advise on what to try next?

Thank you

Same thing for me using 3.04. I believe several people in the forum are having similar problems. I am waiting for 4.03, I believe the import tool was rushed out under pressure and is still very buggy.

OK, that would make sense why it's not working…

Thank you

same here from professional 3.0.6 to v4.0.2 …have asked help from cs cart

[quote name='anykeeper' timestamp='1381152766' post='169297']

same here from professional 3.0.6 to v4.0.2 …have asked help from cs cart

[/quote]

Did cs-cart get back to you?

Thanks

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]This is the response I received back from cs-cart support[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]In the nearest future, we have planned to release CS-Cart 4.0.3 version. In this version will be included the bug fixes of the Store Import add-on and some minor improvements. So, I suppose that you will be able to perform the Store Import process on your site with this version without any issues. Most possible, this version will be released in October. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you any exact date because our engineers are working carefully on it. Please follow the news in our blog: http://blog.cs-cart.com .”[/size][/font][/color]

I've contacted support multiple times on this issue. I don't think they know why it's happening. They just throw out guesses, but none of their suggestions solve the problem.

I'm just waiting for cs-cart to [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]release CS-Cart 4.0.3 version[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]. In this version will be included the bug fixes of the Store Import add-on and some minor improvements.[/size][/font][/color]

Thanks Triplets

[quote name='websmart' timestamp='1381767915' post='169708']

I'm just waiting for cs-cart to [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]release CS-Cart 4.0.3 version[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]. In this version will be included the bug fixes of the Store Import add-on and some minor improvements.[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote] Unfortunately, their 4.0.3 fixes won't work either. They've already given me the updated files that are going to be in 4.0.3 but that doesn't fix the problem.

They also gave me the updated import tool and it didn't work for me either. I am hoping it was still in beta and the final 4.03 will work better. I have my fingers crossed.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1381781004' post='169733']

They also gave me the updated import tool and it didn't work for me either. I am hoping it was still in beta and the final 4.03 will work better. I have my fingers crossed.

[/quote] I wish I had your confidence, but support told me they still don't know why it's not working which doesn't give me a lot of hope for 4.0.3

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1381781527' post='169734']

I wish I had your confidence, but support told me they still don't know why it's not working which doesn't give me a lot of hope for 4.0.3

[/quote]

Could you provide the updated tool? I'd like to try it out, PM me. I aslso hope it works fine with 4.0.3, I really would like to upgrade to V4.

Thanks

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1381781004' post='169733']

[/quote]

Could you provide the updated tool? I'd like to try it out, PM me. I aslso hope it works fine with 4.0.3, I really would like to upgrade to V4.

Thanks

OK, latest update

I migrated my site from one hosting provider to another (a freaking pain on my butt) had to close my store for 3 days so far (loosing sales)

I just intalled a fresh V 4.0.3; import still stalls on "Cloning database - Backing up data for: cscart_new_orders"

Will let it run all night see what happens there. Will keep you posted

Time to switch to another eCommerce platform? Opencart perhaps?

Thank you

We have helped several v2 and v3 stores upgraded to v4 without any problem. What is your database size? Any custom mods on the v3 site?

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1384747300' post='171805']

We have helped several v2 and v3 stores upgraded to v4 without any problem. What is your database size? Any custom mods on the v3 site?

[/quote]

I have 2 stores with big db, I'm still not able to import. what are your rates?

I might be interested in your FB Module as well

Thanks

I just found this out, I was trying to import 2 stores at a time.

This is from the cs-cart blog - click here to view.

Q- With the Store Addon can i importing two stores to one CS-Cart 4.0.2 installation and have two diferents stores?

A- Denis Borisov (CS-Cart) says:

If you have 2 different stores you cannot import them into 1 CS-Cart 4.0.2. Read the ‘Restrictions’ section of the KB article about Store import here: [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I think we have our answer herem but how about if I have 2 stores? how's it going to work?

I have 2 stores, my main store is on the root folder, my 2nd store is on a sub-folder.

So when I input the “Store path - /home/my-account/public_html” and click validate, I get “Number of storefronts: 2”

Still confused… : (

Thank you

I was eventually told that I could not upgrade from 3.0.6 to 4.0.3 as I have several 3rd party addons… this came direct from CS-Cart and along with being told this information I was deducted some support credits. :(

CS_CART SUCKS

They have no idea what the hell they are doing I just keep getting fobbed off.

[quote name='websmart' timestamp='1384811353' post='171878']

I just found this out, I was trying to import 2 stores at a time.

This is from the cs-cart blog - click here to view.

Q- With the Store Addon can i importing two stores to one CS-Cart 4.0.2 installation and have two diferents stores?

A- Denis Borisov (CS-Cart) says:

If you have 2 different stores you cannot import them into 1 CS-Cart 4.0.2. Read the ‘Restrictions’ section of the KB article about Store import here: [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I think we have our answer herem but how about if I have 2 stores? how's it going to work?

I have 2 stores, my main store is on the root folder, my 2nd store is on a sub-folder.

So when I input the “Store path - /home/my-account/public_html” and click validate, I get “Number of storefronts: 2”

Still confused… : (

Thank you

[/quote]

This will be a big problem for people with several stores using old cs-cart ultimate versions. Will cs-cart enhance the store import addon to import several stores under one ultimate installation?

[quote name='websmart' timestamp='1384803732' post='171867']

I have 2 stores with big db, I'm still not able to import. what are your rates?

I might be interested in your FB Module as well

Thanks

[/quote]

Our CS-Cart Facebook Connect and Share Order on Facebook Addon works perfectly through cs-cart 2.x to 4.x. You can use it on cs-cart 4.x at any time when your stores are upgraded to cs-cart 4.x. Using it on your current stores must be welcomed by your customers.

[quote name=‘fwaTony’ timestamp=‘1384817150’ post=‘171887’]

I was eventually told that I could not upgrade from 3.0.6 to 4.0.3 as I have several 3rd party addons… this came direct from CS-Cart and along with being told this information I was deducted some support credits. :(

CS_CART SUCKS

They have no idea what the hell they are doing I just keep getting fobbed off.

[/quote]

Third party addons should not be the problem for upgrade. The data will be migrated and you only need to install the v4 compatible addons. Then the addons will run like before, at least this is the case for our addons. Anyway you can contact us about the details here CS-Cart Templates - CS-Cart Skins - CS-Cart Addons - CS-Cart Mods at any time.