How to clear the files in /public_html/var/cache/registry?

There are lots of liles in [font=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica”][size=“2”]the directory of /public_html/var/cache/registry[/size][/font]

What are they? Is there any risk to clear these files in the directory? My host company says thara are lots of file that I am allowed to store. That’s why they want me to clear these files.

So, I want to clear them and not to store again.

Hi, did you ever solve this? I cannot access or delete this directory, so every time I am running low on disk space I need to raise a support ticket…

Dear Ooaykac,

We have not clearly understood your problem.

Are you afraid of deleting all files in the folder cache/registry? Do not worry. All necessary files are created again by each web page opening.

You have problems with removing these files in the directory of / public_html/var/cache/registry? So you have no rights to edit or delete the files in this folder.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='ooaykac' timestamp='1380270553' post='168824']

There are lots of liles in [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=2]the directory of /public_html/var/cache/registry[/size][/font]

What are they? Is there any risk to clear these files in the directory? My host company says thara are lots of file that I am allowed to store. That's why they want me to clear these files.

So, I want to clear them and not to store again.

[/quote]

The whole var/cache directory can be deleted and it should not brake the store. But the store will be slow for the first load

[quote name='japanexp' timestamp='1415603582' post='196493']

Hi, did you ever solve this? I cannot access or delete this directory, so every time I am running low on disk space I need to raise a support ticket…

[/quote]

Did you try to delete it from the file manager of your server control panel?

I think it's a bug in that particular version of cs-cart. I am facing the same issue with my Cs-cart 4.2.4. Can't delete the folder also from my cpanel. Anybody able to resolve this before?