Different payment methods per product

Hi all. I have a bit of an odd need. I’ve got a product in our storefront that I want to use a different payment gateway for. 99% of the time, a customer would be buying this product by itself. Is there a way to set the cart up to use a different payment method if said product was added to the cart?

So let’s say I setup two main credit card payment methods:

[color=#008000]Method A (credit card processor A)[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Method B (credit card processor B)[/color]

I have standard products

Standard 1

Standard 2

Standard 3

And this one specialty product

Specialty 1

If a customer buys Specialty 1, [color=#ff0000]Method B[/color] is the only payment method allowed.

If a customer buys Specialty 1 and Standard 1, [color=#ff0000]Method B[/color] is the only payment method allowed.

If a customer buys Standard 1 and Standard 3, [color=#008000]Method A[/color] and all other default payment methods is the payment method allowed.

Is this at all possible with CS Cart Ultimate?

Thanks!

You can use the Ship2Pay addon by Webgraphiq which restricts payment methods to shipping methods.

To set this exact same functionality on a store, I used the Suppliers function to add products to “My Custom Supplier”. I then created a shipping method - “Free Shipping” for “My Custom Supplier”, then finally, used Ship2Pay to restrict this shipping method to Debit/Credit Card payments only, thus, very low margin products cannot be paid for via the expensive payment provider Paypal.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1379013181' post='168168']

You can use the Ship2Pay addon by Webgraphiq which restricts payment methods to shipping methods.

(…)

[/quote]

Thank you for the recommendation.

That could work. So all I would need to do is create a custom shipping method that only applies to products from a particular “supplier”. When a customer buys the product, they are only offered that one shipping method which in return, only allows them to use the specified payment method defined by Webgraphiq addon?