Installing 4.01 chmod question

When installing 4.01, it says in the instructions to set the rights on files etc.

I normally work in FTP to do this, and usually don't encounter any problems.

such as:

chmod 666 config.local.php

But this time I don't know how to go ahead with this section.

find design -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666
find images -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666
find var -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666

Any idea how to do this via FTP ?

I just test installed 4.0.1 and ignored those and working with no problem. Maybe someone can shed some light on this. Thanks

It's basically setting every file in the specified directory (design, images and var) and sub-directories within those to 666.

You would have to select those file using your FTP client and apply the 666.

Thanks for the reply. So CHMON the DIR and choose option to do the files included in that DIR? Great. I did choose that option

Well, I though we just did that per the installation instructions:

chmod -R 777 design images var
[list=1]

[*]Other commands (e.g. 'chmod -R 777 design') mean that the 777 (read, write and execute) permissions are set for the directory, its subdirectories, and all the files within these directories.

[/list]

The full chmod instructions are below:

chmod 666 config.local.php
chmod -R 777 design images var
chmod 644 design/.htaccess images/.htaccess var/.htaccess var/themes_repository/.htaccess
chmod 644 design/index.php images/index.php var/index.php var/themes_repository/index.php

I don't know how to handle this part.

It is different from the line above setting all folders and subfolders with files to CHMOD 777.

Anyone from CS-cart care to explain how to handle this ?

The instructions are basically saying set the directories and sub-directories to 777 and the files within to 666. If it was done using just the chmod command then all the files and directories would be the same which isn't what cs-cart want.

We have the same problem with installation. Our shared server provider 'Fasthosts' said we don't have access to makes the changes

The other file permission changes are OK via FTP, but neither CS-Cart or host appear to provide a solution!