Disable Order Status Change Notifications?

We're looking to disable the “Notify Customer” and “Notify Orders Department” in the View Orders window, because every time we ship an order and we forget to check these 2 boxes off we get an email, and when we're shipping hundreds of orders a day… well you get the idea! Way too many emails we don't need to receive.

Any idea which template file we'd need to edit, and in which way, to disable these 2 boxes? By default they are both checked off each time we open the order status box.

Thanks in advance guys!

Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 8.34.14 AM.png

I'm having this issue also. Seems like there should be a way to have the check boxes default to unchecked.

Hey Mikew,

We did manage to find a way to disable it, but it wasn't quite the result we were hoping for; basically, they don't uncheck when you set them to false, they just disappear :confused:

If you want to disable it as well, you need to edit skins/basic/admin/views/orders/manage.tpl AND details.tpl - around line 70 in both files you should see “notify=true” and “notify_department=true”, set these both to false and you're set!

If you're running V3, then you need to remove the 'checked' attribute. Leaving the checked attribute value blank will still leave the checkbox checked as default, so you need to remove the 'checked' attribute altogether. Here's how…

/skins/basic/admin/common_templates/select_popup.tpl

Find:-

{if $notify}

• {/if}
    {if $notify_department}

• {/if}

{if $notify_supplier}

• {/if}

Replace with:

{if $notify}

• {/if}
    {if $notify_department}

• {/if}

{if $notify_supplier}

• {/if}

This will:-

Disable the checkbox for 'Notify customer', 'Notify Supplier' (if Suppliers is enabled) and 'Notify orders department' as default. If you wish to notify either customer, supplier or order department, simply check the relevant checkbox before changing the order status.

Note, there is also a hook available for overriding this particular piece of code, as I am dubious - and the fact CS-Cart won't confirm nor deny I am correct - there will be any further V3.X releases, hack away…however, if you still wish to use the hook, it's called “list_items” within the /skins/basic/admin/common_templates/ directory.

You can also use the following. I like to keep at least something in there for reference instead of completely blank.

unchecked="unchecked"

Thanks Stellar…Work great!

Hi,

I'm using 4.3.2. I have this unchecked however suppliers still get notifications when an order is processed by an payment processor like PayPal. Is there an easy way to completely disable supplier email notifications in 4.3.x?

thanks!

Mike

Hi,

I'm using 4.3.2. I have this unchecked however suppliers still get notifications when an order is processed by an payment processor like PayPal. Is there an easy way to completely disable supplier email notifications in 4.3.x?

thanks!

Mike

To disable supplier notifications, please open the app/addons/suppliers/func.php file and replace:

Mailer::sendMail(array(
                    'to' => $supplier['data']['email'],
                    'from' => 'company_orders_department',
                    'reply_to' => 'company_orders_department',
                    'data' => array(
                        'order_info' => $order,
                        'status_inventory' => $status_params['inventory'],
                        'supplier_id' => $supplier_id,
                        'supplier' => $supplier,
                        'order_status' => fn_get_status_data($order_info['status'], STATUSES_ORDER, $order_info['order_id'], $lang),
                        'profile_fields' => fn_get_profile_fields('I', '', $lang),
                    ),
                    'tpl' => 'addons/suppliers/notification.tpl'
                ), 'A', $lang);

with

/*
                Mailer::sendMail(array(
                    'to' => $supplier['data']['email'],
                    'from' => 'company_orders_department',
                    'reply_to' => 'company_orders_department',
                    'data' => array(
                        'order_info' => $order,
                        'status_inventory' => $status_params['inventory'],
                        'supplier_id' => $supplier_id,
                        'supplier' => $supplier,
                        'order_status' => fn_get_status_data($order_info['status'], STATUSES_ORDER, $order_info['order_id'], $lang),
                        'profile_fields' => fn_get_profile_fields('I', '', $lang),
                    ),
                    'tpl' => 'addons/suppliers/notification.tpl'
                ), 'A', $lang);
    */

Hi,

thanks!

Mike

It has to be unchecked in the order status configuration. http://demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=statuses.manage&type=O

If it's unchecked and still sending then you have a problem.