How to Remove Date and Time on Testimonials?

I’ve looked at other posts on this, but the one I tried didn’t work.

I’m running CS-Cart 3.0.6 and would like to remove the date/time stamp on all testimonials on my Testimonials page (some are really old, but very good wording).

Also, I have a small “Testimonials” sidebar that I’m using to display the three latest testimonials. I’d like to be able to remove the date from these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edward

Hi Kingsley,

I needed to do this on mine too here's how I did it, but not sure if it will work for your additional application requirements…

In template editor customer/addons/discussion/views/discussion/view.tpl

locate the following code:

Commenting it out worked for me.

Mark.

Thanks Mark.

I did submit a ticket on this, and got the reply below. After following the steps outlined there, I was able to achieve the desired results. Thanks again.

[font=Verdana][size=3]Thank you for your request.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]In order to implement it you should do the following:[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]1) Replace the following part of code:[/size][/font]

{$post.timestamp|date_format:“$settings.Appearance.date_format, $settings.Appearance.time_format”}

[font=Verdana][size=3]with this one:[/size][/font]

{* {$post.timestamp|date_format:“$settings.Appearance.date_format, $settings.Appearance.time_format”} }

[font=Verdana][size=3]in the [/size][/font]view.tpl[font=Verdana][size=3] file located in the [/size][/font]skins/basic/customer/addons/discussion/views/discussion[font=Verdana][size=3] directory of your CS-Cart installation.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]2) Replace the following part of code:[/size][/font]

{$post.timestamp|date_format:“$settings.Appearance.date_format, $settings.Appearance.time_format”}

{
{$post.timestamp|date_format:“$settings.Appearance.date_format, $settings.Appearance.time_format”} *}

[font=Verdana][size=3]in the [/size][/font]discussion_small.tpl[font=Verdana][size=3] file located in the [/size][/font]skins/basic/customer/addons/discussion/views/discussion/components[font=Verdana][size=3] directory of your CS-Cart installation.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]3) Replace the following part of code:[/size][/font]

– {$[url="http://post.name/"]post.name[/url]}{hook name="discussion:block_items_list_row"}{if $block.properties.positions != "left" && $block.properties.positions != "right"}, {$post.timestamp|date_format:"`$settings.Appearance.date_format`"}{/if}{/hook}

– {$[url="http://post.name/"]post.name[/url]}{hook name="discussion:block_items_list_row"}{if $block.properties.positions != "left" && $block.properties.positions != "right"}{/if}{/hook}

[font=Verdana][size=3]in the [/size][/font][b]testimonials.tpl[/b][font=Verdana][size=3] file located in the [/size][/font][b]skins/basic/customer/addons/discussion/blocks[/b][font=Verdana][size=3] directory of your CS-Cart installation.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]After this you should clear the template cache.[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=3] Before clearing the template cache you should be logged in to the administration panel of your store.[/size][/font]

Hi I tried this and still there I tried both ways and damn thing is still showing on all posts, in the view.tpl I replace with

{* {$post.timestamp|date_format:“$settings.Appearance.date_format, $settings.Appearance.time_format”} *}

which looks like commenting out then to diss_sma and just comented out the time stamp on that one and I am running 3.06 is there another way or what the heck am I doing wrong and I cleared cache