Free Add-On: [Wsa] Drop Down Breadcrumbs

Quick links
View demo
View add-on on WebShopAddons Site
View add-on on CS-Cart Marketplace

Description
This add-on modifies standard breadcrumbs so that your store visitor can select the necessary product category with performing as few actions as possible. So navigation through your store is simplified, that increases the usability, therefore increases the loyalty of the customers.

Features

• ability to set up the number of categories displayed in breadcrumbs with using the "Maximum number of drop-down elements" setting;
  • ability to show subcategories with using the "Show child categories for selection" setting;
  • different initiation to open breadcrumbs with using the "Show child categories by" setting (added in version 1.1.0);
  • support CS-Cart pages (added in version 1.2.0).

Need help?
Our helpdesk
Stay tuned to the latest news and service updates on our Twitter.

PS. Absolutely free and no core file changes!

First message.
[spoiler]
Dear friends,

Today we are announcing the new free "Dropdown breadcrumbs" add-on from our team.

This add-on modifies standard breadcrumbs so that your store visitor can select the necessary product category with performing as few actions as possible. So navigation through your store is simplified, that increases the usability, therefore increases the loyalty of the customers.
In the add-on settings, there is the ability to set up the number of categories displayed in breadcrumbs with using the "Maximum number of drop-down elements" setting.

Also, there is a setting as the check box "Show child categories for selection". By default, this setting is enabled. If this setting is enabled, when the customer is in a category which has subcategories, the ability to select these subcategories will appear in breadcrumbs.
For example, as for the category by the link below:

http://demo.cs-cart....category_id=167

---UP---
You can download latest install archive using the link below:

http://webshopaddons...readcrumbs.html
---UP---

I will be glad for any comments.

Thank you.

[/spoiler]

wsa_drop_down_breadcrumbs_category.png

wsa_drop_down_breadcrumbs_product.png

wsa_drop_down_breadcrumbs_settings.png

wsa_drop_down_breadcrumbs__ico_marketplace.png

Astoundingly awesome thanks!

perfect!!! thank you :))

[quote name=‘Gizmo’ timestamp=‘1367038736’ post=‘160784’]

Astoundingly awesome thanks!

[/quote]

Gizmo, you are welcome. [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]In future we are planning to create lots of add-ons :-)[/font][/color]

[quote name=‘UrKo’ timestamp=‘1367040383’ post=‘160785’]

perfect!!! thank you :))

[/quote]

UrKo, you are welcome :)

Doesn't seem to let me select from iPad

Funny! I have never seen this idea before… thanks :)

On the IPAD and in safari the text links are not working. One has to click on he arrow for it to work. Not optimal.

It's nice, but kind of redundant from the main menu just above it.

good work,thank you Damir

Thanks for this addon, works great.

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1367085816’ post=‘160818’]

Funny! I have never seen this idea before… thanks :)

[/quote]

[quote name=‘richardfmm’ timestamp=‘1367182829’ post=‘160901’]

Thanks for this addon, works great.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘anykeeper’ timestamp=‘1367164829’ post=‘160879’]

good work,thank you Damir

[/quote]

Friends, you’re welcome:) thank you for your feedback. It’s very important for us to know your opinions about our products. Thanks to your reviews we will change for the better.

[quote name=‘jhagg’ timestamp=‘1367070727’ post=‘160807’]

Doesn’t seem to let me select from iPad[/quote]

[quote name=‘Triplets’ timestamp=‘1367092204’ post=‘160825’]

On the IPAD and in safari the text links are not working. One has to click on he arrow for it to work. Not optimal.

[/quote]

Thank you for a found fault. This fault will be fixed up in a new version of the addon which appears after our website’s publication. Follow our team’s renewals.

[quote name=‘Triplets’ timestamp=‘1367092204’ post=‘160825’]

It’s nice, but kind of redundant from the main menu just above it.

[/quote]

It’s partly true. I’d like to point out that this addon helps the customers to position themselves better because there are directly current categories in the breadcrumbs. And there may be a lot of categories in the shop. And it’s very difficult for people to orient themselves in such big pieces of information. And in its turn it reduces the shop usability.

Also this addon can be used together with non-standard design.

Triplets, thank you for your opinion in any case.

Dear friends, we have great news for you. We adapted the add-on “Drop down breadcrumbs” for the branch CS-Cart 4.0.x. You can download a setup archive using the link below:

http://webshopaddons…readcrumbs.html

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Note.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][+] Mobile Safari supported.[/size][/font][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Nice addon! Is there an option to only have it open on onclick? It tends to be a little overwhelming if multiple menus all open on hover as the breadcrumb is located under the navbar menu.

Super Add-on, thank you very much…

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’ timestamp=‘1376054371’ post=‘166568’]

Nice addon! Is there an option to only have it open on onclick? It tends to be a little overwhelming if multiple menus all open on hover as the breadcrumb is located under the navbar menu.

[/quote]

Thank you for an offerred idea. You can leave your ideas about reworking our free add-ons. We’ll make changes under the following terms:

• if our team consider changes to be appropriate;
  • changes won’t demand much time;
  • if a certain number of users is in want of required changes.

E.g., for the add-on “Dropdown breadcrumbs” of the 4th version we added the browser’s support on a mobile safari.

Based on described above we ask other users to write their opinions.

Also i’d like to notice that our free add-ons are absolutely free, if necessary you can modify them off for yourselves. :)

[quote name=‘ZMASON’ timestamp=‘1376245060’ post=‘166651’]

Super Add-on, thank you very much…

[/quote]

Thank you for the response. Leaving responses on our products you help not only us but the whole community CS-Cart. Please do not hesitate giving your opinions. :)

This is not working for me in v2.1. I see nothing new in my breadcrumbs

[quote name='robertparacay' timestamp='1377206048' post='167226']

This is not working for me in v2.1. I see nothing new in my breadcrumbs

[/quote]

Dear robertparacay,

I've tested operation of the module on CS-Cart 2.1.0 Profefessional. The module works correctky. Please have a look at the screenshot “[WSA] Drop down breadcrumbs_2_1_0_pro” in the attachments.

Please pay attention that it is necessary to use an appropriate version of the module for each version of CS-Cart. It is necessary to use the archive “[v.1.0.0] Drop down breadcrumbs (CS-Cart version CS-Cart version 2.1.x, 2.2.x)” for the version 2.1.Ñ….

Please have a look at the screenshot “[WSA] Drop down breadcrumbs install archive 2_1_0_pro” in the attachments.

Please check it and let me know result.

WSA Drop down breadcrumbs_2_1_0_pro.png

WSA Drop down breadcrumbs install archive_2_1_0_pro.png

New version: [v.1.0.1] Drop down breadcrumbs (CS-Cart version 4.0.x, 4.1.x).

Release Notes.

[!] The default “prev” and “next” buttons aren't showing. Fixed.

[+] Titles of products were added in tooltip of the “prev” and “next” buttons.

prev_next_tooltip.png

We downloaded this from your website a couple of days ago. Would that be the same version you are showing here? It seems to work great from what I can see on Chrome, Firefox and IE.

It works perfectly. The only think I needed to change was the z-index in the css file to a higher number because we have vertical menu with the categories on the left and the active category in the menu was above the drop down. Apart from that it is a very nice addon.

Thanks a lot.