Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:03 PM #1

POPULAR

Quick links

View demo 4.x.x
View demo 3.0.x
View add-on on WebShopAddons Site
View add-on on CS.Cart Marketplace

Description.
[WSA] Total weight of order add-on for CS-Cart calculates the total weight of the products added to the cart and displays this value on the pages bellow:

• cart contents page;
  • order summary block on checkout page (added in version 1.1.0);
  • order details page;
  • invoice page;
  • packing slip page (added in version 1.1.0);
  • product page - total weight will be calculated based on selected option of current product (added in version 1.1.1).

Both online store customers and administrators will appreciate this feature because they will be able to estimate how heavy the order will be.

Notes.

• For the correct add-on performance, please don't forget to input the product weight on the product editing page, the Shipping properties tab.

• For CS-Cart version 4.0.1. If a custom skin that is located in a different directory from "basic" is used in your store so for installing the module correctly you have to fix a standard error CS-Cart 4.0.1 which is described in the topic from the link below: http://forum.cs-cart...il-directories/

Need help?
Our helpdesk
Stay tuned to the latest news and service updates on our Twitter.

PS. Absolutely free and no core file changes!

First message.

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Damir (WSA-team), 11 January 2017 - 10:09 PM.

• miracles
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:23 AM #2

Do you have a website where i can see your ready made addons.

By the way this is nice addon :)

Second - Welcome to cs-cart community :D

Third - It is carts not cards :P
CS-CART 3.0.6 GRENADE

Please vote for CDN Add-on

For SEO Article Submission, Forum Profile Links, Web 2.0 links, contact me through PM.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:25 PM #3

Welcome. That can be a very handy add-on for some of us.

You might want to add a link to your website :)

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:00 PM #4

Do you have a website where i can see your ready made addons.

Yes of course. We have added demo store.

Administrator panel is here:
http://demo.cs-cart....s.com/admin.php
E-mail: admin@example.com
Password: admin

Customer area is here:
http://demo.cs-cart....s.com/index.php
E-mail: customer@example.com
Password: customer

Please note. Data base restores automatically every 30 minutes.

By the way this is nice addon

Miracles, thank you for your review.

Second - Welcome to cs-cart community

Thank you. We are glad you accepted well on this forum. I hope our team will get on well with CS-Cart Community.

Third - It is carts not cards

Thanks for the correction. I want to note that English is not my native language. So please excuse for our mistakes :-) However, our team will focus on the quality of our services.

Welcome. That can be a very handy add-on for some of us.

Flow, Thank you.

You might want to add a link to your website

To start, we will publish several free addons (one addon a week) here until our website is ready.

Thank you.

• dsdewitt
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:31 PM #5

We ship lightweight items. a few oz to 5 lbs So the weight of packaging can make a big difference. If there a place that we can add a default added weight for packaging?

Thanks,
Dave
David DeWitt
retail site ver. 2.1.1

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:40 PM #6

We ship lightweight items. a few oz to 5 lbs So the weight of packaging can make a big difference. If there a place that we can add a default added weight for packaging?

Your question is not clear for me. As far as I understood you need to weight the packaging. Packaging weight will be added to product weight.
If this is the case, as far as I know there is no opportunity to weight the packaging in a default functionality of CS-Cart.

• anykeeper
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:11 PM #7

i have tried it,works vrey good,thank you Damir
www.852000.com Premium Domain Names for Sale

CS Cart V3.0.6 Professional

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM #8

i have tried it,works vrey good,thank you Damir

anykeeper, you’re welcome. Thank you for your feedback. It’s very important for us to know your opinions about our products. Thanks to your reviews we will change for the better.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:24 AM #9

Dear friends, we have great news for you. We adapted the add-on "Total weight of order" for the branch CS-Cart 4.0.x. You can download a setup archive using the link below:
http://webshopaddons...t-of-order.html

Also added new function. Please have a look at the screenshots "Cart contents" and "Order summary" in the attachments.

Please note. If a unstandard skin that is located in a different directory from "basic" is used in your store so for installing the module correctly you have to fix a standard error CS-Cart 4.0.1 which is described in the topic from the link below:
http://forum.cs-cart...il-directories/

Attached Files

• chrisbti
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:16 AM #10

Thanks again for a great Addon.....thnx Chris

Regards, God Be With You! Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior.
BTI - Better Tools For Industry
Industrial Hand Tools Made in USA | www.BTI-Tool.com | v.4.6.2 | Apache

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:32 PM #11

Thanks again for a great Addon.....thnx Chris

Chris, you’re welcome :-)

• hglu
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:20 PM #12

Whats nice about this add on is the weight is displayed on the packing slip. This will make it easier on our shipping department.
Great add on, Thanks again.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:03 PM #13

Dear friends, we have great news for you.

New version: [v.1.1.0] Total weight of order for CS-Cart version 4.0.x.

Release Notes.
[!] Sometimes total weight could be shown wrong on the cart contents page. Fixed.
[*] Now total weight is hidden if it is equal to 0.
Note. There was a problem: the orders which have been placed before add-on's installation showed zero total weight.
[+] Now total weight has been added to the packing slip.
Note. The add-on works correctly even if order is sent by several parts.
[~] For the convenience to the description of the add-on there was added the quick link to the site where you can get an actual version of the add-on.

Whats nice about this add on is the weight is displayed on the packing slip. This will make it easier on our shipping department.
Great add on, Thanks again.

hglu, thank you ;)

• japanexp
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:19 PM #14

Your question is not clear for me. As far as I understood you need to weight the packaging. Packaging weight will be added to product weight.
If this is the case, as far as I know there is no opportunity to weight the packaging in a default functionality of CS-Cart.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. If you have a 50g product and a 200g envelope, you need to specify 250g product weight. If someone buys four of these, the total is 1000g, when it should be 4 x 50g = 200g + 200g for the envelope.

The shipping calculation just needs to add a fixed, user-configurable percentage to the weight before applying shipping rates. Seems very easy, not sure why it is not implemented in default functionality.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:39 PM #15

Yes, that is exactly the problem. If you have a 50g product and a 200g envelope, you need to specify 250g product weight. If someone buys four of these, the total is 1000g, when it should be 4 x 50g = 200g + 200g for the envelope.

The shipping calculation just needs to add a fixed, user-configurable percentage to the weight before applying shipping rates. Seems very easy, not sure why it is not implemented in default functionality.

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, at present our team is busy with other tasks. Moreover we've planned one more features for this add-on. This is why in near time we can't perform the changes you've described.

P.S. Your idea is very good, this is why in future (approximately in 2-3 months) we will again raise a question about addition this functionality in our add-on.

P.P.S. We can develop this functionality right now in our custom development service. If you are interested in this offer, please, write to us in the form contact us.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:09 PM #16

New version: [v.1.1.0] Total weight of order for CS-Cart version 3.0.x.

Release Notes.
[+] Total weight has been added to the cart contents page.
[+] Total weight has been added to the order summary block on checkout page.
[*] Now total weight is hidden if it is equal to 0.
Note. There was a problem: the orders which have been placed before add-on's installation showed zero total weight.
[+] Now total weight has been added to the packing slip.
Note. The add-on works correctly even if order is sent by several parts.
[~] For the convenience to the description of the add-on there was added the quick link to the site where you can get an actual version of the add-on.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:51 PM #17

New version: [v.1.1.1] Total weight of order for CS-Cart version 4.0.x, 4.1.x.

Release Notes.
[~] Add-on was successfully tested on CS-Cart version 4.1.x.
[+] Ability to show total weight on the product page in the customer area was added.
Total weight will be calculated based on selected option of current product.

Attached Files

• mahsut
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:37 AM #18

Much needed addon for our store just a godsend, i hope he will remain free.

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:24 AM #19

works in 4.2.1?

thanks for your addon!

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:38 AM #20

4.2.2 ?