Webhost does not support .htaccess

Hello All

We are hosted on yahoo and they do not support .htaccess file uploading (in fact no file beginning with special character ) but we do not want to change hosting as they are good and have a local no. for any technical issue , plus their email is also very good

So what could be we loosing if there are no .htaccess file after installing CS cart 3.0.6

Thanks

Hello fed.domes,

Thank you for your message.

The main issue which will probably occur for you is the problem with the SEO add-on. Generally, the SEO add-on is not enabled without the .htaccess file located in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation. Otherwise, all the rest CS-Cart features should work properly. So, if you are not planning to use the SEO add-on in your store, you can keep your store without this file in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank you for the quick response Pavel

SEO add on and its ease of use is one of the main point we are switching to CS Cart form Zen

Is there any (simple) way to have SEO addon without .htaccess ?

and there is another point - yahoo does not allow .htaccess file upload not only in root directory but neither in any other directories. We hope this is not a problem for some other feature

Thanks

Fed

…And if you don't enable the SEO addon you won't be found on the internet…

Hello Fed,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to use the SEO add-on without this file at all. So, I suggest that you should contact your server administrator and ask him/her to allow you to create .htaccess on the server. I hope they might concede your request.

As regards the .htaccess files in other CS-Cart directories, this should not affect CS-Cart functionality. However, I strongly recommend you to have these files as they are created in default CS-Cart installation for security reasons.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I would suggest finding another host that does not lock down their servers that much. Just sounds like a nightmare of issues coming. But that is just my two cents.

[quote name='rmsilver7' timestamp='1365702284' post='159818']

I would suggest finding another host that does not lock down their servers that much. Just sounds like a nightmare of issues coming. But that is just my two cents.

[/quote]

I agree with this.