[Question] WORDPRESS & CS-CART INTEGRATION / BRIDGE

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I had a search on the forums to find any topics on WORDPRESS + CS-CART and found only 1 topic from 2010![/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Is anyone aware of how one may integrate the two systems so that the registered member base can be logged in on both sites automatically? (e.g. Login Share / Open Auth)[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]For example:[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]How can we integrate the two so that CS-Cart can post Novembers “top 10” products to WordPress?

Then again for December?

Plus post pages to Wordpress for Discussions? and send pingbacks etc.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]XML API?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]With all the social integration and facebook and twitter (which I think is garbage, but you’ve got to give the customers what they want!), why are there no Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, ‘et al’ bridges to connect user tables, product filters’ tables, top products’ tables, random products, etc.?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]There are so many modules and plug-ins and add-ons available in Wordpress! We’re missing out! So many possibilities here, of what could be achieved. I am very keen to see some developments or existing products that can achieve this!

Thank you![/font][/size]

Did you see “Blog” section in cs-cart.com? It is in WordPress. The cs-cart development team does not integrate both systems, they are still separate.This is the answer at your questions. Too different system, too different goals of each.

On other hand the content part of the Cs-Cart is powerful enough. Content can be written in 2 ways - using “Pages” and using “News”. Call the “News” “Blog” and you get blog system - it has visual editors to manage texts, editing CSS allows to have individual appearance.

I think the seo advantages Wordpress has make using that the better alternative.

But I agree both systems should be separate, the are few reason why you would want your customers to be able to add content on to your blog. They are also security reasons why you wouldn't want people who get access to the wordpress database to also be able to access your shopping cart database.

Since WordPress is updated on a constant basis, with new versions released literally every week, you will find it near impossible to leave a WordPress blog installed - even with anti-spam plugins installed - for a year with no upgrades and not find your blog a mess, full of spam. There are also a heck of a lot of security issues with WordPress. Would you really risk your paying customers data for the sake of saving half an hour per month? There is an RSS feed addon for CS-Cart already available; use this.

With regards to the “SEO advantages” of using WordPress over CS-Cart's offering, this isn't definitively true. The onsite SEO structure of the site pages/news can be optimised very well in CS-Cart. The majority of onsite SEO 'issues' are caused by poor coding practise in the template, thus generating non-semantic code, which Google dislikes.

I believe JesseLeeStringer is the CS-Cart-WordPress integration master around this corner of the 'net.