Alt-team Add-On: "Estimate shipping cost" add-on

Dear friends!

As requested by some of CS-Cart users, we are glad to announce the release of “Estimate shipping cost” add-on!

This add-on allows shoppers to estimate shipping cost on a product details page before making a purchase.

Features:

• Ability to estimate a shipping cost for a product on a product details page.
  • Easy-to-use “Estimate shipping cost” form where a customer needs to specify his location.
  • Automatic shipping cost estimation depending on the quantity and weight of items and a customer location.

“Estimate shipping cost” add-on is currently compatible with CS-Cart Pro v.3.

The add-on will be available for CS-Cart v.2.2.x by your request after the purchase is made.

Current price is $59.

Please read more details and try demo on CS-Cart “Estimate shipping cost” add-on page.

We will be glad to answer all your questions. Contact us.

Best regards,
Alt-team

My store operates in £ shipping is showing in $ I dont see how to change anywhere

rates.JPG

Seems to me that CS 2.x.x already does this why pay for it. it will take qty’s etc from your cart… taking advantage of the new guys?

This pic is from our site…

Not on a product by product basis it wont

I have been watching this an other posts for a per product shipping estimate for a couple of years. I can't decide whether I like it or not. I can see it if a person is going to purchase one product and gets an estimate for shipping for that product and checks out.

If they already have several products in the cart and the gets a shipping estimate on the product page, what estimate are they getting? Is it the total shipping cost for items in the cart plus the additional shipping cost if the product they are looking at is added to the cart? Or do they still get what the estimate is just for that product and not considering what already is in the cart? If this is the case, would the customer realize this? I would like to see the estimated total shipping cost when the product is added to the cart with the other items.

Bob

yeah …this is a product by product basis, if you need a total of all mixed products then can be utilised by the existing std cs function at the checkout stage. I suppose it all depends where you are going to deploy the addon and how many weight/shipping settings you have. for me personally this comes in handy to find out if a low number of usually comparitively lightweight products that can be shipped worldwide…how much.

also is good for our admin/sales staff to work out when speaking to customers live on telephone

john

Really this is a stretch…I still think its useless…sorry Good Luck…

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1352909490' post='149164']

My store operates in £ shipping is showing in $ I dont see how to change anywhere

[/quote]

Dear John,

Thank you for directing our attention to this issue, we will add the correct currency display in a shipping estimation form within a couple of days. New download package will be sent to all “Estimate shipping cost” add-on users.

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1352937249' post='149198']

I have been watching this an other posts for a per product shipping estimate for a couple of years. I can't decide whether I like it or not. I can see it if a person is going to purchase one product and gets an estimate for shipping for that product and checks out.

If they already have several products in the cart and the gets a shipping estimate on the product page, what estimate are they getting? Is it the total shipping cost for items in the cart plus the additional shipping cost if the product they are looking at is added to the cart? Or do they still get what the estimate is just for that product and not considering what already is in the cart? If this is the case, would the customer realize this? I would like to see the estimated total shipping cost when the product is added to the cart with the other items.

Bob

[/quote]

Dear chrisbti,

John is absolutely right, this add-on allows to estimate shipping cost for a particular product considering its quantity and not considering what already is in the cart. If you think that customers can be confused it's always possible to rename the form as “Estimate shipping cost for this product”. Actually this add-on was requested by several CS-Cart users and one of our major clients uses this modification for half a year and says that it is a really useful contribution to his online store. Anyway, thank you for your opinion.

Best regards, Alt-team

Can find where to change text “Estimate shipping cost” can you point me where the file is please

Heloo,

I think there should be some limitations in this addon

not add information to the fields without destination country only with quantity of the product information is displayed on the cost of transport

I think this addon needs improvement in relation to the price

Thank you

Ilias

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1352980893' post='149249']

Can find where to change text “Estimate shipping cost” can you point me where the file is please

[/quote]

By Default its “[color=#8A8A8A][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Calculate shipping cost”[/size][/font][/color]

Go to “Languages” in your Admin menu and search for “[color=#8A8A8A][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Calculate shipping cost”[/size][/font][/color]. then change it to whatever you want.

[color=#8A8A8A][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]the file tpl is[/size][/font][/color]

/skins/“your Skin”/customer/views/checkout/components/shipping_estimation.tpl

Thanks Christi, I had tried that but no Joy, I also changed it in a few files but still doesnt show.

it is the language variable in the “addon” I am looking to change that says Estimate shipping cost, on the product detail page.

estimate.png

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1352980893' post='149249'] Can find where to change text “Estimate shipping cost” can you point me where the file is please [/quote]

Dear John, please download the new “Estimate shipping cost” package from your order page. Uninstall and then install the addon. Search for estimate_shipping_cost language variable in the admin back-end and change it as you wish.

[quote name='iliasifestos' timestamp='1352995150' post='149271'] Heloo, I think there should be some limitations in this addon not add information to the fields without destination country only with quantity of the product information is displayed on the cost of transport I think this addon needs improvement in relation to the price Thank you Ilias [/quote]

Dear Ilias, we can make the Country field mandatory in the next add-on version.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello everyone!

New version of the Estimate shipping cost add-on is ready.

New version includes the following features:[list]

[]two display modes of Estimate shipping cost form - it can be expanded as drop-down or appears in a pop-up window;

[
]we've made the Country field mandatory;

[*]If there is not a setup shipping method for a selected location, customer gets a notification about it.

[/list]

More information about this add-on and demo are available here.

Also, tomorrow [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif](December 20, 2012) we start Xmas and New Year discount campaign on CS-Cart add-ons developed by Alt-team. “Estimate shipping cost” add-on will be available at a discount price. Keep up with our news![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Best regards, Alt-team[/font][/color]

works a treat, I like the popup style

John

Is there a demo for the 2.2.x version which only allows the drop-down (popup not available)?

On the demo, it will not let you change from the popup to drop-down …I would just like to see what the drop down would appear like as the popup style is nice but won't work for my store (2.2.5).

Thanks!

Hello Tim Hensel!

I have attached the screenshots that demonstrate how Estimate shipping cost link and drop-down looks like for CS-Cart 2.2.x.

We have tested this add-on for CS-Cart 2.2.1 - 2.2.4 but it should work correctly for 2.2.5 as well. In case any problems occur we will fix them free of charge.

Best regards, Alt-team

Estimate_shipping_cost_1.png

Estimate_shipping_cost2.png

Hello!

We are glad to announce that Estimate shipping cost add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart v.4.0.x.

The add-on price is $59 for one storefront.

Please, read the detailed add-on description here.

Notice! We are starting the Christmas and New Year discounts very soon. Wait a little and most of Alt-team add-ons will be available at a discounted price.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear Friends,

Add-on UPDATED!

New features have been added to our CS-Cart add-on "Estimate shipping cost".

At the moment all features of this add-on are:

- Ability to estimate a shipping cost for a product on a product details page.
- Easy-to-use "Estimate shipping cost” form.
- Ability to choose the display mode for the "Estimate shipping cost" form - Drop-down or Pop-up.
- Ability to choose the area, where the estimate shipping cost link should be displayed on the product detailed page. This feature is available for CS-Cart 4.4.x and more modern versions.
- Automatic shipping cost estimation depending on the quantity and weight of items and a customer location.
- If there is not a setup shipping method for a selected location, a customer gets a notification about it.

If you have any questions, we are glad to answer.

Best regards, Alt-team