Terms & Conditions checkbox at checkout but no link

I noticed that the checkbox is there for the customer to agree to the Terms & Conditions at checkout, but there isn’t a link to the Terms & Conditions page for them to view if they actually do want to read it.

Brennie,

Are you on 3.0 yet? If so, the attached file will have everything you need. If not, then I think the attached file will have the stuff that will work for you, but I cant' remember if there are any differences or not. I'm pretty sure it will work though.

I can't remember who posted this on the forum, but I made a couple of changes and it works pretty awesome. So, good job to the original poster.

This will make it so that your Terms and Conditions are clickable on the checkout page, but the terms will open as a jquery window.

Anyways, I hope it helps,

Brandon

Terms_and_Conditions.zip

Thanks Brandon, I'll set this up too.

Ehm. I just put some html in the language and that actually worked just fine :)

Thanks for the posts. I'm on version 2.2.5 which I thought was the latest. I don't see anything new to upgrade to in my upgrade center. How do we get to 3.0?

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1350829294' post='147428']

Thanks for the posts. I'm on version 2.2.5 which I thought was the latest. I don't see anything new to upgrade to in my upgrade center. How do we get to 3.0?

[/quote]

That's something you don't just do in an afternoon. v3 uses a completely new skinning system. It's a big decision.

As for your problem, just enter html in the language with a link to a page that contains your terms & conditions and you are all set.

Ok, thanks Flow.

Flow,

Sure a bit of html is cool and I actually made just a standard link at one time. But for a couple of sites that I work on, they have like whole books for their T&C's, so just some html doesn't work. The link thing works, but it is lame and takes people away from the shop. With this method, you get jquery popup window that works like your detailed images thing works.

I guess it just comes down to how long your T&C's are.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I'm sure jquery will be neater, but I'm not sure what you mean by taking customers away from the shop? When people click on the link (not many do I think) they are just opening a new, small tab that contains our info page. They keep seeing their cart and can very quickly close the window or make it bigger and read it if they are bored with their life.

I borrowed this trick from Amazon who also does it like this.

Floris,

Oh, you did it that way. Isn't that the way it is done in the knowledge base? I remember doing it that way once too. You can set the window size and all.

That way works totally fine. The jquery window is just cooler I guess.

I never thought anyone read those things either until a customer sent a note with his order correcting my T&C's. I had some of the list numbering wrong. I was pretty surprised to see the email, but I made money off of him, so whatever.

I doubt you watch South Park, but they had a kind of funny episode about people not reading Apple's T&C's.

Thanks,

Brandon

Honestly, I never looked in the knowledge base for this… anyway,Brennie, here's a short example:

By placing this order you agree to ourterms & conditions

And actually I watched south park a lot in the past, but I haven't seen that one. I can imagine Kenny killing himself trying to read that 160 page pile of nonsense though.

There is a free addon for this see this link:Free Addon: Terms and Conditions Popup Window - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

John

John,

Ooh, that is pretty cool. I didn't see that one. I like how there are options in the admin. I might have to look at that one a bit more.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='JohnCarroll' timestamp='1350851035' post='147449']

There is a free addon for this see this link:Free Addon: Terms and Conditions Popup Window - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

John

[/quote]

This is what I went with. Thanks much for sharing, it works great!