Free Addon: random products for v3

here is the random products addon with the modifications so they can work with version 3.

http://icehosting.co…ducts_v3.tar.gz

just uncompress, install the addon and use the random products block

Christos

Christos,

Sweet, thank you very much for posting this. The addon works perfect and was easy to set up. I also really like the fact that only the products that are randomly selected get loaded. This was one drawback of mine that I posted some time back.

Great job and thank you for contributing to the community.

Brandon

Christos,

Oh, one question though. If a product is out of stock, what happens? The store I have this installed on doesn't track stock, so I can't test it.

In my original version, if a item was out of stock, there would be a blank space. I then had it coded so that if an item was out of stock, then it just automatically selected a different item.

Which way does this one work?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hello, it is a great addon but there is a problem, if I use scroller template with 4 products, only 4 products will show. I know it is difficult, but can this be set to show all the products I add, in random order?

Thank for your contribution!

you are welcome :)

i have use for free the addon for v2, so why not post for free the v3?

The community is more powerfull if we support it :)

[quote name=‘brandonvd’ timestamp=‘1350367548’ post=‘147082’]

Christos,

Sweet, thank you very much for posting this. The addon works perfect and was easy to set up. I also really like the fact that only the products that are randomly selected get loaded. This was one drawback of mine that I posted some time back.

Great job and thank you for contributing to the community.

Brandon

[/quote]

Hi Brandon

The product it is displayed and say “out of stock” or the day will be available, like the original product page.

My customer want to display products out of stock or released soon because some times it is important to have in front page some products, even if it is out of stock. So the choise is to my customer.

Christos

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1350367707' post='147083']

Christos,

Oh, one question though. If a product is out of stock, what happens? The store I have this installed on doesn't track stock, so I can't test it.

In my original version, if a item was out of stock, there would be a blank space. I then had it coded so that if an item was out of stock, then it just automatically selected a different item.

Which way does this one work?

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

I have test it with version 3.0.3 and in the scroller i have see random products. What version you have?

may i can take a look in your page to see what happen?

[quote name='minute' timestamp='1350390816' post='147101']

Hello, it is a great addon but there is a problem, if I use scroller template with 4 products, only 4 products will show. I know it is difficult, but can this be set to show all the products I add, in random order?

Thank for your contribution!

[/quote]

I am using also 3.0.3. (Ultimate). I will make a random block now at the bottom of the page: http://www.dotari-saloane.ro (the block will be named “Produse Random”) on homepage at the bottom. If the page is reloaded, random products are shown, bot on left/right, only the same 4 products are shown.

I can not figure out why this block addon appears in V3.0.x MV like:

_block_random_products _block_random_products_description

The icon isn't the Product icon, it's the dotted square icon … would like it to have the Product icon.

I also would like to have this randomly Filled … not Manually filled. I got 1000s of Products, I don't want to have to manually select Random products … I would like to have this addon simply create a random list of 10-20 (X number) products from ALL products.

Instead of having an Addon, can't this be done by adding a Random Content Filling option?

Thank you Cristos for posting this addon! It was just what I was looking for and seems to be working well on Ultimate 3.0.6.

Can this item be upgraded to Version 4 of CS-cart? i know i have tried using it and all it does on version 4 is make all your block settings disappear.

Hello!

We would like to offer our Random products add-on for CS-Cart v. 4.0.x. It's not free (because we support it and fix minor problems) but affordable in price $29. Please check it out [url=“CS-Cart Random products add-on”]http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-random-products-add-on.html[/url]

Best regards, Alt-team

hi to all

at first days of Feb we release the update for cs-cart 4.0.x

The upgrade is free.

Regards

Christos

thanks friend.

it is very useful.

We use this on 2.2.5 and it works nice. Seems like a logical thing that should be included in CS up front.

We just tried the Random Products from Alt-Team and I'm sorry to say it is not near as good as what was produced here. Their add-on is VERY limited to say the least.

what specifically did not like?

IT doesn't allow you to randomize the products wherever you want. You have to use their block and then it is limited to “similar” or manual products. That's it! One of the big things we liked in the free add-on that Brandon did and others added to was it allowed us to choose “New Products” and choose random. Otherwise the default CS only shows the same products over and over again instead of switching it up. Quite honestly, I'm confused why CS hasn't already added this important function to the shopping cart.

in about 10 days (max) we release the version for 4.x.

:)

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“New Products” and choose random[/font][/color][/quote]

hmmm. I did not find this in the version from the first post