ADD-ON: Share your purchase on social sites

Here is an idea I think would sell it’s self.

Your customer is in the process of buying something on your site. Wouldn’t it be nice if they have the option of sharing this purchase on Facebook or twitter? The major pizza chains in the USA offer this when ordering online.

OR

After the purchase you can have a window pop up that says, “Thank you for the purchase! Share your purchase with your friends and receive a special promo”.

TAKING IT FURTHER: During the checkout a window pops up and says, “You Qualify for free shipping if you share on Facebook”

In the add-on you can select what point the the popup is offered. It would also let you fill in the offer attributes for that special offer…

Anyway, that’s all I got. What do you think ?

Like this idea

Amazon has something like that and would definitely be something I would pay for.

Good idea!

Hi Nathand,

Actually, there’s the ShareYourCart plugin that does pretty much everything you mentioned:

• It offers people discounts on products in return for sharing on Facebook and/or Twitter
  • An eShop can choose to position the button on the product page and/or in the check-out process, pre-sales
  • there’s an Analytics feature that gives you insights on customer shares and returning visits from those links
  • with a little bit of customization you can solve also the ‘you qualify for discount if you share’ pop-up

You can try it out on a specific website (product page), set the button, click it and go through the entire process to see exactly how it works: [url=“http://sandbox.shareyourcart.com/”]shareyourcart.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Is this plugin close to what you had in mind?

Thanks a lot, it really is a great idea :)

Adela

We have actually developed something that seems to fit the criteria you described.

Please see this video for a custom CS Cart build we are currently finalising and will be releasing shortly: http://4sdata.net/paulrdata//socialsharing.mov as you can see this allows customers who have just purchased a product to share their purchase via social media, the idea being that this will be free advertising in effect for that product and store.

The reason I added this is a video is because I don't have an example on a demo cart yet, as this website finalisation has priority. After the website is launched, this feature will be available as an add-on that you will be able to purchase for CS Cart 3.0.3 from www.module-shop.com. We will also reversion to 2.x if there is sufficient interest.

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1350014323' post='146890']

Amazon has something like that and would definitely be something I would pay for.

[/quote]

Nice Paul!

Ver nice paul. Day of release?

Sent from my 4s using Tapatalk

[quote name='larous' timestamp='1350480289' post='147171']

Ver nice paul. Day of release?

Sent from my 4s using Tapatalk

[/quote]

3 to 4 weeks at most if all goes to plan, we have a heavy workload at the moment. Will post links when it's available.

What price range you thinking of?

We haven't even thought about price yet, we need to gauge interest. If we can get 20 interested parties more than likely the price will be reasonable but we'll advertise about a week before we list it and use feedback to calculate interest against the number of hours taken to develop. What version of CS cart would you like to see it on first?

Me personally it would be for the latest version.

Has anyone installed this before?

[url=“http://developers.shareyourcart.com/”]shareyourcart.com is for sale | HugeDomains

[quote name=‘Adela Salagean’ timestamp=‘1350376620’ post=‘147090’]

Hi Nathand,

Actually, there’s the ShareYourCart plugin that does pretty much everything you mentioned:

• It offers people discounts on products in return for sharing on Facebook and/or Twitter
  • An eShop can choose to position the button on the product page and/or in the check-out process, pre-sales
  • there’s an Analytics feature that gives you insights on customer shares and returning visits from those links
  • with a little bit of customization you can solve also the ‘you qualify for discount if you share’ pop-up

You can try it out on a specific website (product page), set the button, click it and go through the entire process to see exactly how it works: [url=“http://sandbox.shareyourcart.com/”]shareyourcart.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Is this plugin close to what you had in mind?

Thanks a lot, it really is a great idea :)

Adela

[/quote]

I'm running 2.2.5 , but I plan on updating as soon as 3.0.4 is released.

Would this work on multiple storefronts ?

[quote name='paul.r' timestamp='1350538688' post='147225']

We haven't even thought about price yet, we need to gauge interest. If we can get 20 interested parties more than likely the price will be reasonable but we'll advertise about a week before we list it and use feedback to calculate interest against the number of hours taken to develop. What version of CS cart would you like to see it on first?

[/quote]

I am interested about this addon

Ilias

[quote name='nathand' timestamp='1350614931' post='147310'] I'm running 2.2.5 , but I plan on updating as soon as 3.0.4 is released. Would this work on multiple storefronts ? [/quote]

We will have the addon available for Ultimate first, Multi-vendor may require some tweaking

The version I have is 3.0.3 MV

I hope it fits

thank you

ilias

Paul, how is the plugin coming along?

Knock knock, any updates paul?

I'd really like to have this also!