Gift Certificates

Is it possible to create a Gift Certificate for a customer within the control panel that the customer can then use to purchase other gift certificates?

Thanks,

S

Hello, Sam!

If I understood correctly, you want to give a gift certificate to customer so that they can use it for paying other purchases.

Here you can find the instructions how to create a certificate in admin panel: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1346741812' post='144250']

Hello, Sam!

If I understood correctly, you want to give a gift certificate to customer so that they can use it for paying other purchases.

Here you can find the instructions how to create a certificate in admin panel: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's correct. But I wanted to know if it was possible to use a Gift Certificate balance to purchase additional gift certificates for other people.

Thanks,

S

Yes, a customer can pay for other gift certificates using their gift certificate with the Active status.

I have a few more questions on Gift Certificates - I would appreciate help from anybody who has used them.

I have been testing using the Professional Edition 30 day demo.

Is it possible to setup gift certificates so that they can apply their value to a customers account rather than requiring the customer to enter the gift certificate code each time they want to make a purchase?

For example Amazon use this method. When you receive an Amazon gift cert via email you have the option to apply the gift cert amount to your account as store credit and then make purchases as normal without needing to use the gift cert code again at the checkout.

Is it possible for the customer to see the remaining balance on his account after having used a gift cert to make a purchase?

And from the store owners point of view where do I need to go within the control panel to change the maximum value for the gift certificates, the gift cretificate email template and other editable options for gift certificates?

Thanks.

S

Hello, S!

Please let me explain, in CS-Cart gift certificates do not work as store credit, the customers will need to apply the code each time. In this case, probably, the Reward points add-on may be of interest to you: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

The customer can check their gift certificate status and balance on this page: http://demo.cs-cart.com/professional/index.php?dispatch=gift_certificates.add

Also, you can find the instructions about setting the Gift certificates add-on here: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

How can a user view his available balance?

[quote name='mifzal' timestamp='1418527969' post='199685']

How can a user view his available balance?

[/quote]

Good day,

There is the Validate/Redeem gift certificate block which can be added, for example, to the My account page.