Add option for 'Rush Processing'?

Hello…Is it possible to add an option on the checkout page to provide 'Rush, Express, Expedited (etc) Processing' to any order?

But instead of a simple 'Add Rush Processing for a specific flat cost' … The cost of the rush processing would be variable depending upon the total cost plus the different items in the shopping cart. For example if a customer wants the rush processing, but they have several items in the shopping cart that we have to manually assemble and test, it would cost more than if a customer has some basic items in the cart that do not require any special testing or assembly.

I would like to see something like a checkbox in the '3.Payment and Shipping' seciton of the checkout something like:

Select shipping method[list]

[][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]USPS Priority Mail (2 - 4 Days + Processing Time) - $6.45[/size][/font][/color]

[
][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]USPS Express Mail (1 - 3 Days + Processing Time) - $16.20[/size][/font][/color]

[][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS Ground (1 - 6 Days + Processing Time) - $7.12[/size][/font][/color]

[
][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS 3 Day Select (1 - 3 Days + Processing Time) - $11.10[/size][/font][/color]

[][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS 2nd Day Air (1 - 2 Days + Processing Time) - $11.58[/size][/font][/color]

[
][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS 2nd Day Air AM (1 - 2 Days + Processing Time) - $13.12[/size][/font][/color]

[][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS Next Day Air Saver (1 Day + Processing Time) - $19.31[/size][/font][/color]

[
][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS Next Day Air (1 Day + Processing Time) - $22.78[/size][/font][/color]

[][color=#626262][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (1 Day + Processing Time) - $58.18[/size][/font][/color]

[/list]

Add Rush Processing [[color=#0000ff]?[/color]]
[list]

[
][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#808080]Add rush processing to this order for - $1.75[/color][/font][/size]

[/list]

And the [[color=#0000FF]?[/color]] would be a mouse hovering popup that would explain what the Rush processing option is.

Is this something CS-Cart 2.2.5 can do (is there a built-in feature I am not finding) or would this need to be a 3rd party type Add-on I would need to hire a coding team for?

Thanks everyone for your input!

I had this done for 2.2.4 and adds a product option where you have the ability to check a box to add and Express charge. Doesnt work out the charge dependent on cart contents but may be of use.

Please make backups of all your files before uploading.

I had an initial error which may have been caused by another addon

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.cart.php on line 1550

which was fixed by replacing on about line 1550 in fn.cart.php

if ($v['product_options']) {

with:

if (!empty($v['product_options']) && is_array($v['product_options'])) {

John

express option_224.zip

Thank you John… That was very kind of you to post up your add-on. It looks like there might be hard-code changes with overwriting the 2.2.5 code files (fn.cart.php and fn.catalog.php) which I am sure I should not directly overwrite the 2.2.5 with the 2.2.4 files… But I will do a file comparison to see how much changes are needed.

I think I will post this in the 3rd party coding request forum to see what it might cost to have a full add-on built.

Thank you again John!

-Tim

Hi John, it seems getting someone to actually build the add-on might take a long time as I have not been contacted yet by and hired coders giving a cost to the have add-on.

Are you still using this add-on on your store? I am not sure from the code how this would actually work visually…just wondering if you have it up and running in a store so I can check out?

Thank you again!

I’m really getting pressed to get this type of thing added so I might have to implement and code myself (which unfortunately I am overworked as is… :? … and if I am even able to do this … cs-cart is very complex software as far as I can tell).

The store I have it on is being updated but basically I choose the check box option and it looks and acts like any other product option.

Dont think any files changed significantly from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 did they?

John

Try alt team, they created this originally

John

Hi John,

Thanks! Actually I submitted a message to Alt-Team two days ago, which they did reply promptly … however they are very busy right now so it will take them some time before they can look at this project.

I do have some of the their add-ons already and everything seems well put together. And from what i hear they do very good work so I am hoping they can start soon!

On the 3rd party forum I posted the Add-on work request just to see if there is another coder that can tackle the project (and also price comparison too)… have not heard anything yet there but hopefully soon I will.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1346173551' post='143852']

I had this done for 2.2.4 and adds a product option where you have the ability to check a box to add and Express charge. Doesnt work out the charge dependent on cart contents but may be of use.

Please make backups of all your files before uploading.

I had an initial error which may have been caused by another addon

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.cart.php on line 1550

which was fixed by replacing on about line 1550 in fn.cart.php

if ($v['product_options']) {

with:

if (!empty($v['product_options']) && is_array($v['product_options'])) {

John

[/quote]

Hey,

Do you have it for V3 too?

Thanks

Tom

Sorry , no I dont