• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:00 PM #361

Hi,
Why i can't add greek language in the first store of ultimate edition?
In the second store that a add next, i add successfully the greek language.

ok i answer to my self, i resolve my issue! Tnks

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:37 PM #362

Hi,

Please you know if cs-cart 3 have tha ability to make Localizations ?

Thanks

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:28 PM #363

is it possible to have this top menu (V3) style in 2.2.4 ?
or a similar one ? anyone know good nice menus like that ?
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• cavemin
  • Advanced Member
  • Banned
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:43 AM #364

i want know too i try extract from cs3 rc but i cant do it :) but i hoep anyone can do

• posto
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:27 AM #365

i want know too i try extract from cs3 rc but i cant do it

7 zip is a solution
Templates for v3

**see Posto's Templates Tread**

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:47 AM #366

This block manager is so far from a release candidate that I'm surprised it made it through cs QA. Obviously no one ever tried to actually use it as a user.

This is just like V2 (thought they learned). Deliver a partial implementation and expect your customers to debug and highlight what still needs to be completed..... CS QA should be telling the developers when the product is ready to be a release candidate.

Grr... I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time looking at V3 till about the 5th production release.

Really? What problems are you seeing? I've been using it lots and there are a couple of niggles but nothing major. I've been doing all sorts of layouts and I think it's a fantastic tool. Much easier than any other cart I've used.

Maybe the way I use it matches the way the developers expected so I'm not seeing any issues? I know I've done that myself when developing software that I think works perfectly until a user gets hold of it and uses it in a perfectly acceptable, but unthought of by me, way!

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:33 PM #367

I also found the new Block Managaer lacking and missing necessary features for the way an admin will use it.

See my post earlier in this thread, I think its on page 15.

I have been playing with the new design Blocks and can not figure out a few things:

1) I can move blocks between grids, but how does one move a grid? Currently I am forced to delete and recreate a grid if I want to move it somewhere else. Very annoying.

2) How does one create a layout that is used on all the pages? For example, I wanted to remove the Top Menu and add a Left Menu grid and block. I did this in the default location. How do I transfer this design to all the other locations (i,.e. products, categories, cart, etc). Currently I am forced to recreate the layout in every location. Once again, very annoying.

3) How do I split a grid in two or three? Currently I have to re-size it and then add a new one. Splitting seems like it will be a common enough task that it should be a feature.

I am liking the new Block feature, but currently it is very frustrating and limiting to work in. I should be free to move blocks and grids and re-size them at will.

David

By the way, I was able to import all my products, options, categories and pages from cs-cart 1.35 into 3.01. To do this I went through Excel first using CSV files to recreate the new table structures. I am now working on importing my images. This seems to be a little harder since they totally redid the way the image tables work.

and CS-carts response on page 16

Hello David,

Thanks for the questions.

1) Grids are currently not movable as you've noticed. This is indeed somewhat an annoying issue, and we'll consider implementing grid drag'n'drop in the future. Thanks for bringing our attention to this issue. It'd be also useful if you posted it as a feature in the UserVoice.

2) Top and Bottom containers from the default location override all top and bottom containers on all locations. Whereas Central container is always individual. Unfortunately, there is no way to override Central container content partially.
An ability to save container or location patterns seems like a reasonable solution. We'd be thankful if you posted this feature request or any other you find suiting the situation on the UserVoice as well.

3) Splitting a grid to 2 is really equal to placing 2 grids in 1 grid. So instead of deleting a grid and creating 2 other ones on its place, just create 2 grids inside the one you wish to split.

Note that there will be a small gap shown between the parent and children grids in the block manager, for convenience. There is no such gap on an actual page, 2 grids in 1 common one look absolutely identical to 2 grids put side by side.

Your questions and suggestions are highly appreciated, they help us develop CS-Cart in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

• JGift
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:06 PM #368

Hi,

I am not a web developer or a designer. For me, the new grid system is impossible to use. I dont know how to change the layout or move things around. I can't quite customize what I want to do as I did in v2.2.4

For a fully flexible system, you need the drag n drop feature as mentioned above. I also believe that this new grid system should take a lesson from many of the other CMS systems used worldwide where you get predefined widgets and utilities you can drag and drop into the grid to use. There are many social widgets and other useful widgets which could be made available in a "Tool Box" for the beginner user like me.

I don't want to write hooks or mods or add-ons to get the layout and design I want.

The grid system is not user friendly and if CS CART is to deploy this to live clients, I hope they release at least some video tutorials and some handy tips and guides for us to learn with.

I am not sure why you do not give us users every opportunity to learn and grow the product. If you helped your users better by providing tutorial guides with screenshots - then this would help. Video Blog or a CS CART "university" would only increase the community buy into this product.

I dont think I am moving away from 2.2.4 until I can be sure I have the skills and know how to change things easily on CS CART 3. Things should gradually get easier, not harder.

Can anyone tell me how to change the menu layouts in CS3?

Can you change the width of the screen to be fluid - full screen?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 9,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:10 PM #369

You can't move a grid.
I found no way to assign a block to a grid.
The only thing I've found you can do is to move the blocks that exist in the location already to different grids within that location. But I can't see how you do something like add an html block or any other block to a grid if it's not already present in the location.
Remove something like the currencies block by deleting it. Then try to add it back. I'd like to know the process if there is one.

If you just want to use the Default grid an the blocks it defines, then you're fine.

I can do it by editing the xml exported data, but that's a far cry from being a useful tool.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 9,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:21 PM #370

I've just had to tell one of my clients that the new development they want for a new site will have to be on 2.2.4 because V3 won't be ready for prime time for quite some time. This means their costs are going to go way up because it will have to be implemented twice.

I submitted the issue of not being able to move a grid and was told that it wasn't planned for a while and then they closed the bug. Just because they choose to ignore feedback on the useability/viability of features doesn't mean that the bug isn't valid or doesn't still exist. They referred to it as an "inconvenience" and my comment to them was it that it was more than inconvenient, it makes it "unusable".

At best, this release candidate is beta quality software. If you're going to add a complete new interface for managing the look/feel of the store and not implementing it completely and properly is unacceptable to me. Otherwise every cs-cart store is going to look like the apple site.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• albertginger
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:12 AM #371

I had uploaded new addon: Auto-matching Grid System for CS3.

This addon works in three modes: 960 grid, 1200 grid, Auto-matching (according to the width of screen)

I hope this addon is usefull for someone.

http://forum.cs-cart...free-for-cs30x/
Official Partners & Authorized Reseller: IECSP
Over 10 free addons on our site.

• Phoenix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:48 AM #372

We currently use Plesk as our control panel and so far, it has been very stable for over three years now. Our old server used cPanel and we had a lot of problems with it especially with stability and security. However, this was years ago and considering that CS-Cart Ultimate edition favors cPanel, I am pondering going back to cPanel. This would involve a major server migration though so I could use some feedback from the admins here. Most importantly, my question is, has cPanel matured to a stable and secure control panel? I was hoping to see a Plesk guide available for Ultimate edition in regards to configuring a domain for a storefront but after waiting over a year for Ultimate, testing the beta and working with the release candidates, the reality is, we have only successfully setup the core test domain and have yet to successfully configure a second storefront with a separate domain. This is discouraging considering that we have been in anticipation for this functionality for some time now. I feel confident that the wait will be worth it and I appreciate the hard work that CS-Cart is putting into the product in making sure that it is stable. So, while we wait for the official release, I want to prepare. should I purchase a new server with cPanel installed, considering the new functionality of CS-Cart Ultimate and it's requirements? Any advice CS-Cart?

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:23 AM #373

We currently use Plesk as our control panel and so far, it has been very stable for over three years now. Our old server used cPanel and we had a lot of problems with it especially with stability and security. However, this was years ago and considering that CS-Cart Ultimate edition favors cPanel, I am pondering going back to cPanel. This would involve a major server migration though so I could use some feedback from the admins here. Most importantly, my question is, has cPanel matured to a stable and secure control panel? I was hoping to see a Plesk guide available for Ultimate edition in regards to configuring a domain for a storefront but after waiting over a year for Ultimate, testing the beta and working with the release candidates, the reality is, we have only successfully setup the core test domain and have yet to successfully configure a second storefront with a separate domain. This is discouraging considering that we have been in anticipation for this functionality for some time now. I feel confident that the wait will be worth it and I appreciate the hard work that CS-Cart is putting into the product in making sure that it is stable. So, while we wait for the official release, I want to prepare. should I purchase a new server with cPanel installed, considering the new functionality of CS-Cart Ultimate and it's requirements? Any advice CS-Cart?

The Plesk configuration guide is currently being written, it will be available shortly. I'll post a message with the links in this thread as soon as the pages are ready.

Thanks for the tip Phoenix!

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 AM #374

I've just had to tell one of my clients that the new development they want for a new site will have to be on 2.2.4 because V3 won't be ready for prime time for quite some time. This means their costs are going to go way up because it will have to be implemented twice.

I submitted the issue of not being able to move a grid and was told that it wasn't planned for a while and then they closed the bug. Just because they choose to ignore feedback on the useability/viability of features doesn't mean that the bug isn't valid or doesn't still exist. They referred to it as an "inconvenience" and my comment to them was it that it was more than inconvenient, it makes it "unusable".

At best, this release candidate is beta quality software. If you're going to add a complete new interface for managing the look/feel of the store and not implementing it completely and properly is unacceptable to me. Otherwise every cs-cart store is going to look like the apple site.

Is not being able to move a grid that big a deal really though? Surely setting up the the look of the site is a tiny part of the whole implementation. I know I've spent many more hours setting up products and text than I ever did on creating the site.

It's not as though there's no way around it. Just create a new grid and delete the old one.

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:47 PM #375

CS-Cart 3.0.1 Release Candidate 6 has been released today.

Get the installation packages for all editions by the following links:The following bugs were fixed in this release:

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kyovev
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:26 PM #376

I can't wait for the stable version :)

Nice work guys

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 9,984 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:22 PM #377

It is the overall un-usability of the new block manager. Usually when you do something new, you have at least the same functionality you had before. This (until it's complete) is a step backward.

Actually this site is a single product site with 3 different packages of the same product. So the product issues are very small, but the design/implementation issues are huge.

• mikehyde
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:10 PM #378

Hello
Can I install RC6 over RC5 or there more to it than that?

Thanks a lot
Mike

• nicholec23
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:16 AM #379

Where can I download the community edition of 3 RC? Or will it not be available?

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:48 AM #380

I am excited for the new design and the thought put into this version. I know we all have our items that we want, but I think that ability to control drop shipping is really important as many of us use that functionality right now.

Good work on ensuring a quality release CS-Cart. No software will be bug free, but you are working hard to get to this.

Thanks,

Adam