Canonical Addon

Hi everybody,

I am looking for Canonical addon for cs-cart. I found 2 of them [url=“CS-Cart SEO Optimization, Google Rich Snippets, Canonical URL addon”]Search results and [url=“CS-Cart SEO Ultimate: Canonical URL + Google Rich Snippets + SEO Name History + More”]http://www.cscartrocks.com/cs-cart-canonical-url-and-duplicate-content-fix-addon.html[/url]

What do you guys think, I found some feedback on cscartrocks but nothing on webgraphiq

I would really appreciated your feedback before I purchase any of them.

Thank you,

Albert

[quote name='albertpro' timestamp='1328560639' post='130710']

Hi everybody,

I am looking for Canonical addon for cs-cart. I found 2 of them http://www.webgraphi…l-cdseo-v2.html and http://www.cscartroc…-fix-addon.html

What do you guys think, I found some feedback on cscartrocks but nothing on webgraphiq

I would really appreciated your feedback before I purchase any of them.

Thank you,

Albert

[/quote]

Hello Albert,

Both firms are quite reputable with considerable experience directly related to CS-Cart.

I have a fair amount of experience dealing directly with CS Cart Rocks, and they have done excellent work for me, no complaints. I have not dealt directly with Webgraphics, although I know many have had very good results and have been pleased with their work as well.

I know Webgraphics just recently released their version which is why you haven't been able to find much in the way of user experiences, whereas, CS Cart Rocks introduced their version perhaps a year or more ago.

Use anything from Webgraphiq at your own significant risk. You can't try before you buy and it is by no certain that it will work if you have modified your site. Once you have made a purchase the support is slow and generally unhelpful and yo have next to no chance of getting a refund even though the product doesn't work. Cleverly, payment is made through PayPal and PayPal just wash their hands of the matter when you complain.

Worst of all the 'licensing' system is capable of disabling code on your system, which implies that if their system malfunctioned, so would your site. I had a very poor experience and would caution anyone against using a Webgraphiq product.

I ended up using MgicSlideshow - in addition to the excellent support, the product actually works as advertised.

“You can't try before you buy and it is by no certain that it will work if you have modified your site.”

Each product has online demo, you can try it before purchase. The compatibility with unique modifictions can't be guaranteed - impossible, we (and all developers) can test in the default engine…

“Once you have made a purchase the support is slow and generally unhelpful”

Have you requested any help from us? If yes I can't believe…

“and yo have next to no chance of getting a refund even though the product doesn't work”

All products are multiple tested before release. The “doesn't work” in most cases is an user error, does not follow the installation guide…Is detailed enough for everyone with a minimal knowledge.

If not, your suggestions are welcomed.

Unfortunately, the nature of digital products makes it impossible to “return” them.

“Worst of all the 'licensing' system is capable of disabling code on your system, which implies that if their system malfunctioned, so would your site.”

A malfunction does not affect your site. Is more better that one which is checking your cs-cart's license implemented by authors.

“I had a very poor experience and would caution anyone against using a Webgraphiq product.”

I'm sorry hearing that, if you have problems contact us thru our webpage.

Thank you.

+1 to CSCARTRocks from personal experience.

I am using CSCARTROCKS canonical addon but still google detect lots of duplicate content issue specially in page number…

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1340044731' post='138932']

I am using CSCARTROCKS canonical addon but still google detect lots of duplicate content issue specially in page number…

[/quote]

You need to upgrade to the latest version of the addon.

I just added this script to /skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/meta.post.tpl and it works fine for me.

```php

{if $product}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=“products.view?product_id=$product.product_id”|fn_url}

{else}

{if $category_data}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=“categories.view?category_id=$category_data.category_id”|fn_url}

{else}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$config.current_url|fn_url}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'&sl=EN':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'&sl=JO':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'?sl=EN':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'?sl=JO':''}

{/if}

{/if}

```

I've bought from around the webgraphiq 20 addon and I had absolutely no problem with products all work perfectly for me, sometimes I had some problems and within reasonable limits were solved after I had contact with them.

Thank you

Ilias

[quote name='mghazal' timestamp='1340110483' post='138994']

I just added this script to /skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/meta.post.tpl and it works fine for me.

[/quote]

Thanks for this it worked great for me as well!

Hi cscartrocks,

Can you please answer my support ticket. Thank you.

[quote name='rosepleasure' timestamp='1342774386' post='141148']

Hi cscartrocks,

Can you please answer my support ticket. Thank you.

[/quote]

Hi Rose, please have a look on your help desk. The ticket is replied.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1342811915' post='141191']

Hi Rose, please have a look on your help desk. The ticket is replied.

[/quote]

Thank you. The one you sent me work great! Thank you once again.

[quote name='mghazal' timestamp='1340110483' post='138994']

```php

{if $product}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=“products.view?product_id=$product.product_id”|fn_url}

{else}

{if $category_data}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=“categories.view?category_id=$category_data.category_id”|fn_url}

{else}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$config.current_url|fn_url}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'&sl=EN':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'&sl=JO':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'?sl=EN':''}

{assign var=“canonical_url” value=$canonical_url|replace:'?sl=JO':''}

{/if}

{/if}

```
[/quote]

Does this really work for the canonical url?
Doe this fix and the duplicated content?
Has anyone tried this?

I cant understand it myself, I am showing many duplicate content in webmaster tools for my moblie skin being the same titles as my std skin not sure if this is supposed to fix this or not. I used the auto updater to update the canonical addon and it broke the skin, though I feel that the problem is the canonical addon is conflicting with another addon somewhere. I had to restore my skin back to get anything working and am still missing some functions that were there before I used the auto updater, Things like addon tab in product details where you edit the seo etc are not there anymore, and also cannot edit my Product designer products since trying to update the canonical addon automatically.

I am just putting up with the missing functions until I set up the new site on V3 .

CS cart Rocks were busy at the time to check it for me but did say they could look at the site a week later but I havent got back to them as I am so busy also. **Note this is not a pop at CS cart rocks as they have done great service and do great products, I just thisnk the updater has conflicted with another part of my site.

John

Hi cscartrocks,

Already sent you some sample links, please have a look in support ticket.

Thank you.

Hi Rose,

The ticket is replied. Please have a check. Thank you.

Hi Cscartrocks,

Does you add on also deal with duplicate content like this:

www.domain.com/category-en-2-3-4-5-6-7/

to: www.domain.com/category-with-a-nice-sef-url/

Can I then tell Google that one of these two url’s is the right one (the one I created a nice sef url for) and the other one is a duplicate that CS Cart produces for the same product page?

The problem is: CS Cart generates the nice url AND the url I do not want to use but was created when I first created the category in my store.

Can you follow me? :)

Regards,

JJ.

Hi JJ,

We've done some mods to solve that problem. We can discuss about your needs here.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1347427930' post='144838']

Hi JJ,

We've done some mods to solve that problem. We can discuss about your needs here.

[/quote]

Louis at CSCartrocks does great work FYI!