Addon: Abandoned Cart Instant Offer

A client of mine wanted something to try and capture customers that were abandoning the site before the purchase was finished, this is what we came up with. We had ShippingKit develop this addon for us and it is running on a number of my clients's websites. It has been tested on 2.2.2+.

*There is one known bug in Safari, it shows the browser alert window first, then if you press the Stay on this Page button then you see the CS-Cart based pop open window.

[quote]When enabled this addon will display a popup offer to any customer that has added something to their cart and then try to leave your site before completing their purchase. A browser alert box is displayed telling the customer to that if they press on the “Stay on this page” button they will be given a special discount to finish their purchase. The discount is controlled in the Promotions tab of the admin area and will work with any of CS-Carts rules.[/quote]

Live Demo: [url=“http://www.silver-logic.com/cscart223”]http://www.silver-logic.com/cscart223[/url]

10-day Free Trial Offer: https://www.silver-l…hp?a=add&pid=34

Purchase ($59.99): http://www.silver-lo…nt-offer-addon/

I have attached the install instructions so you can see how it is all setup and some other views and what not.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

Installation.pdf

Using Firefox 9.0.1, I was able to browse through the site, add a product to the cart, view the cart, enter a new URL in my browser and leave your site, no problems, without any 'instant offer' popup. I then tried again, this time closing the browser window, again, no 'instant offer'. Shame, this one sounds quite interesting for some markets, though not all.

It works on the demo site.

You just need to go to checkout and then leave the page.

don't even have to fill out anything at checkout

just ordered…file not found when trying to download!!

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1327405224' post='129833']

Using Firefox 9.0.1, I was able to browse through the site, add a product to the cart, view the cart, enter a new URL in my browser and leave your site, no problems, without any 'instant offer' popup. I then tried again, this time closing the browser window, again, no 'instant offer'. Shame, this one sounds quite interesting for some markets, though not all.

[/quote]

I will check into that one, were you using a PC or Mac? But the offer does only display when you try and leave from the View Cart or Checkout pages.

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1327509021' post='129928']

just ordered…file not found when trying to download!!

[/quote]

I just responded to your ticket, the download should now work, I am so sorry about that! File was there but the billing system couldn't find it for some reason. Technology these days!

Let me know how you like it carbjekits!

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1327405224' post='129833']

[/quote]

I just tested it in FireFox 9.0.1 on a Mac and it works just fine. FYI - You need to have cookies enabled for this addon to work.

I just setup a 10-day free trial for anyone that wants to try it out before purchasing.

https://www.silver-l…hp?a=add&pid=34

Hmm…I'm on Windows XP Pro. Could perhaps already be blocked by AdBlock automatically…shame, might take a look at the trial and see how it performs.

Edit: Tried to check out with free addon in cart, however, your cart requires I enter card details details which I do not agree with.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1327896125' post='130211']

Hmm…I'm on Windows XP Pro. Could perhaps already be blocked by AdBlock automatically…shame, might take a look at the trial and see how it performs.

Edit: Tried to check out with free addon in cart, however, your cart requires I enter card details details which I do not agree with.

[/quote]

Yes I think AdBlock would be the issue and there isn't much I can do about that.

I agree with you on this about putting the CC info in, I really don't want that info and that is one reason I was holding off on doing the free trial since I need to investigate why WHMCS does this. But if you choose PayPal as the payment method it just completes the setup and you don't have to do anything at PayPal.

Just released a minor update to this addon to fix a jQuery issue that prevented the pop open box to display in Internet Explorer 7 and 8.

Downloaded the new version.

Can i just upload the new jquery folder or are there changes in other files also?

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1328738618' post='130843']

Downloaded the new version.

Can i just upload the new jquery folder or are there changes in other files also?

[/quote]

The only changes are the the addition of the jQuery file, no need to upload all the other files.

pretty good idea, but there is alot to improve as it only work on the checkout page. Alot of buyer add products to cart and leave the page without even visit the check out page. It is alot better, if it work on every page within the domain.

license key problem remote check failed.

I noticed your website is down and now i get the problem that the remote check failed.

It also slows down my admin panel.

Just noticed it also slows down cart functions on the front end. Disabled your addon and everything is running fine.

Loosing sales because of this is not acceptable.

you need to find a better way to do your license key check!

How can I stop the remote check being done constantly??

My site speed can not depend on some license key check!

I guess the abandoned cart is abandoned…

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1330869427' post='132548']

license key problem remote check failed.

I noticed your website is down and now i get the problem that the remote check failed.

It also slows down my admin panel.

Just noticed it also slows down cart functions on the front end. Disabled your addon and everything is running fine.

Loosing sales because of this is not acceptable.

you need to find a better way to do your license key check!

How can I stop the remote check being done constantly??

My site speed can not depend on some license key check!

[/quote]

Nothing has been abandoned, for faster responses please open a support ticket directly on my site or email me.

Our data center had a DoS attack yesterday around 4am PST which resulted in downtime and slow server response for a number of hours. That unfortunately is out of my hands.

The licensing software is suppose to have a fall back local key it can use if it cannot reach the server. I will check into this ASAP. Are you still experiencing the slowness issues?

i had it turned back on after your site was back online.

Today, i disabled it again because while i was processing orders, that failed error message popped up again.

site was also running slow at times until i disabled the addon.

I think it should be enough that the license key is checked once at installation of the addon.

my site speed still depends on another site at this time.

I hope you come to a solution…

I am tempted at this point to edit the code to bypass the key check permanently.

Got it fixed.

Does not work in Opera.

[quote name='Regnareb' timestamp='1334451240' post='134842']

Does not work in Opera.

[/quote]

At this time Opera is not explicitly supported. IE 7, IE 8, IE 9, Safari (all versions), FireFox (all versions) and Chrome (all versions) are all supported, which should cover 97.8% of the users out there.