Currency url and SEO

We have started to get many more US and EU customers and thought it only right to offer them EUR and US Dollars in our store. Just wondering how this will effect SEO if it will at all. It has started appending currency=GBP currency=EUR etc to our urls. Is this not going to be bad for SEO in regards to seeing it as duplicate content or will it see that we are offering different currencies and not see it as duplicate content? I cannot find any reference to this on google at all.

Regards

Generally the links in your pages that set currency have 'rel=“nofollow”' which tells the search engines to ignore it. Hence the ¤cy=EUR would not be seen by the search engines. I do not believe they care about what currencies are supported since it doesn't really affect keyword content.

Thank you for that. I have also added dissallow /*currency= in robots.txt

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1327302874' post='129762']

Generally the links in your pages that set currency have 'rel=“nofollow”' which tells the search engines to ignore it. Hence the ¤cy=EUR would not be seen by the search engines. I do not believe they care about what currencies are supported since it doesn't really affect keyword content.

[/quote]

Along with rel=“nofollow” try using “noindex”. This will ensure that link does not get crawled or show up in search results.

Would this still be relevant in V3, I am just about to switch over from 2 (that does have these problems according to seo profiler) to 3 and wondering should I implement this, i dont see nofollw or really sure where to look except in view source.

What is the recommended action

Thanks

john

How to implement this? Can anyone please help?

[quote name='seo-marketing' timestamp='1330427266' post='132257']

Along with rel=“nofollow” try using “noindex”. This will ensure that link does not get crawled or show up in search results.

[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]URL[/color]

[color=#444444]What do you think is the best practice to handle the URL of a website with multiple currencies? A different currency denotes different content hence my opinion is that it should be embedded within the URL itself, similarly to how one would embed the current language parameter within the URL or sub domain.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Currency[/color]

[color=#444444][color=#444444]Currencies are not just country based, currencies are shared between several countries, so for example in case for EUR which is shared by most of the EU member countries, what would you suggest? Creating a URL for all the different countries when no country specific content apart from the currency is made available?[/color][/color]