Error when entering email address in guest checkout

Hi,

I have seen customers go to the checkout.checkout page and then there is no order. Many probably just did not want the item. If they have problems, most probably do not call to report issues. I did have one customer call and said every-time she entered her email address into guest checkout, the box turns pink and she can’t go to the next step. She said her email address is correct. She tried multiple times and could not get past this point. I will call her tomorrow and put the order in myself.

Just want to know what possible scenario could cause this?

I tried several times with different browsers and could not reproduce. It can’t happen often, because I do get guest checkout orders. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Bob

I’m going with user error! :)

Hi,

I am pretty sure it's user error, but I am trying to find out the situation that causes the user error. It's not entering an invalid email and pushing the next button. We went over carefully, the email she entered was correct and it was the correct syntax, but she could not proceed to the next step-the field just turned pink. The only thing I can think of is that she started to register an account and then went to guest checkout and something caused the problem.

Bob

I came across this thread after facing same problem, and seem to have figured it out.

It happens when customer may be putting in extra SPACE after email address (some phone may be inputting space by default or due to user error).

I can reproduce the exact same error after doing this. Remove the space, and POOF, the error is gone! :)

Cheers

I came across this thread after facing same problem, and seem to have figured it out.

It happens when customer may be putting in extra SPACE after email address (some phone may be inputting space by default or due to user error).

I can reproduce the exact same error after doing this. Remove the space, and POOF, the error is gone! :)

Cheers

Note that CS-Cart has the cm-trim class which can be added to the labels of the required fields. It will remove trailing spaces from the value of the input during the validity check.

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/core/front-end/microformats.html