2.1.2 - 2.1.3 upgrade

Hi

I get this error when trying to upgrade a site from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 then I want to go to 2.1.4 of course

Warning: disk_free_space() [function.disk-free-space]: Value too large for defined data type in /var/sites/q/mydomainhere.co.uk/public_html/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.1.2_professional-2.1.3_professional.tgz/uc_override.php on line 1997

The server shouldnt/doesnt have a space issue, also the error is more like a programming glitch than an actual not enough space error

I also have the issue of upgrades not showing up when I refresh the packages list

Any ideas?? I've already had the upgrade corrupt and had to do a server restore

Thanks

Lee

Hello Lee,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

The problem is on cs-carts behalf but they are not admitting it. I get the same thing as well as a 404 error page after uploading. This is a major bug that should not have been released until it was fixed.

[quote name='woodyvt' timestamp='1315403508' post='121154']

The problem is on cs-carts behalf but they are not admitting it. I get the same thing as well as a 404 error page after uploading. This is a major bug that should not have been released until it was fixed.

[/quote]

Yeah I think the code that checks if there is enough space on the server fails when there is a huge amount of space available, my sites are on a clustered system so there is a vast amount of storage

All i suspect it needs is some code to to check and if the value is too large and set it as OK

Lee

Hello!

[quote name='woodyvt' timestamp='1315403508' post='121154']

[/quote]

We are sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

It seems that the issue occurs because the following URL is blocked on your server for some reason: http://www.your_domain_name.com/admin.php?dispatch=upgrade_center.backup where www.your_domain.com is the address of your store and admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store which was renamed for security reasons.

Please contact your server administrator and ask him/her about this problem. Also please ask him/her to check whether this request is blocked by mod_security on the server.

[quote]

Yeah I think the code that checks if there is enough space on the server fails when there is a huge amount of space available, my sites are on a clustered system so there is a vast amount of storage

All i suspect it needs is some code to to check and if the value is too large and set it as OK

Lee

[/quote]

We have investigated the problem on your server and it was not caused by a bug in CS-Cart. For more information, please refer to my answer in our Customer Help Desk.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Hi

As I mentioned in my reply, servers can easily have a large amount of space

You should really update the code to handle the error rather than the upgrade failing

I can probably hack your code myself, so if it fails with an error it returns as OK rather than just crapping out, but I don't know wherelse this code may be

Lee

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1315472493' post='121231']

Hello!

We are sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

It seems that the issue occurs because the following URL is blocked on your server for some reason: http://www.your_domain_name.com/admin.php?dispatch=upgrade_center.backup where www.your_domain.com is the address of your store and admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store which was renamed for security reasons.

Please contact your server administrator and ask him/her about this problem. Also please ask him/her to check whether this request is blocked by mod_security on the server.

We have investigated the problem on your server and it was not caused by a bug in CS-Cart. For more information, please refer to my answer in our Customer Help Desk.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

[/quote]

Hi- I am having the same problem with my upgrade. Shouldn't this work like all the other upgrades without having to contact the server admin?

Thanks

AlmondJoy

Hello!

[quote name='leeshields' timestamp='1315488670' post='121248']

Hi

As I mentioned in my reply, servers can easily have a large amount of space

You should really update the code to handle the error rather than the upgrade failing

I can probably hack your code myself, so if it fails with an error it returns as OK rather than just crapping out, but I don't know wherelse this code may be

Lee

[/quote]

We are working on your problem via Customer Help Deskright now. Please follow us on it.

Thank you in advance.

[quote]

Hi- I am having the same problem with my upgrade. Shouldn't this work like all the other upgrades without having to contact the server admin?

Thanks

AlmondJoy

[/quote]

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the upgrade process will work properly for all servers because there is no ability to check work of different settings on different servers. Yes, the upgrade process is supposed to work correctly without contacting the server administrator but, unfortunately,if any changes have been made to your server, the upgrade script may work improperly. However we recommend that you should contact your server administrator and let him/her know that you need rule 340163 to be white-listed for your domain www.domain.com as it hits the mod_sec rule.

We apologize for any possible inconvenience.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team