Delivery time, warranty, shipping costs

I have to address some missing features in CS-Cart. In today's e-commerce world not all products are actually in stock. For us, we state on the product page the delivery time (e.g. 1-3 days), the warranty (e.g. 1 year) and the shipping costs (this is on the product page). We do this by actually misusing the options possibility (global options). Unfortunately, the back in stock option doesn't work for these products (in our case all the 1500+ products). You need to be flexible enough to put in the delivery time you want on the product page. This is a severe issue. We often state 1-3 days delivery on products. The only thing I found was putting an image when a product has no shipping charge. You need to address the delevery time to the customer, not affected by any real time shipper. (we cannot use this option in the Netherlands). Does anybody know how to tackle this and actually have these possibilities available. Some carts from competitors have this possibility to show delivery time on the product page.

For the delivery time, you could easily change the “In Stock” text to whatever you want. Just do that through the languages.

As for the warranty, the only way to do that, would be to add a custom field. You would need to add a field in your database, in your admin, and in your customer side. There are quite a few posts on the forum about it. I've actually done a couple of those posts.

Obviously the best way would be to create an addon that would take care of this for you, but unfortunately, that is beyond my skill level. Your best bet here would be to talk to TonyB and have him do something for you. Alt-Team would be another great alternative to doing this. Either way, it is a pretty easy thing for either of them to do.

My skill level for this type of stuff is still in the mod level rather than a full addon, but it's the best I have to offer.

Just search around on the forum and I'm sure you'll find the posts. If not, just post back on here and I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

Changing the in stock in the languages doesn't do the trick since we have so many different delivery times on our products. In this case, we need to assign delivery times per product, for which the delivery time can vary over time.

Edwin

Ok, here is a solution for the delivery time thing.

1.) Run this SQL command:

ALTER TABLE `cscart_products` ADD `del_time` VARCHAR(50) AFTER `product_code` ;

2.) In skins/basic/admin/views/products/update.tpl

After:

```php

{math equation=“rand()” assign=“rnd”}

{$lang.categories}:

{include file=“pickers/categories_picker.tpl” rnd=$rnd data_id=“categories” input_name=“product_data[add_categories]” radio_input_name=“product_data[main_category]” item_ids=$product_data.category_ids|default:$smarty.request.category_id hide_link=true hide_delete_button=true display_input_id=“category_ids” disable_no_item_text=true view_mode=“list”}

```

Add:

```php

Delivery Time:

---Select---
1 - 3 Days
3 - 5 Days
5 - 7 Days
More Than 7 Days

```

3.) In skins/your-skin/customer/common_templates/product_data.tpl

After:

```php {$lang.in_stock} ```

Add:

```php {if $product.del_time}
and can be delivered in {$product.del_time}
{/if} ```

4.) To be able to export/import the field - In schemas/exim/products.php

After:

```php 'Price' => array (
'table' => 'product_prices',
'db_field' => 'price',
'convert_put' => array ('fn_exim_import_price', '@price_dec_sign_delimiter'),
'process_get' => array ('fn_exim_export_price', '#this', '@price_dec_sign_delimiter'),
), ```

Add:

```php 'Delivery time' => array (
'db_field' => 'del_time',
), ```

A couple of things to note. First, I only put the 3 options for delivery time. If you want more, than just add them or change them. Also, you mentioned something about warranty periods. You could basically do the same thing as this, but just make it for the warranty stuff.

Oh, and this is for version 2.2.1. I think it should also work with previous versions just fine, but there might be some differences that I don't know about.

Anyways, hope it helps.

Thanks,

Brandon

Wow, that was a great answer, and although the OP never replied to let us know whether it worked (or even to acknowledge it), I will definitively save this as a “guide to add a field” for future use.

Thanks for taking the time to write it.

sorry for the silly question, but what do you mean

ALTER TABLE cscart_products ADD del_time VARCHAR(50) AFTER product_code ;

Where do I do that?, and how do I do that?

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1313347854' post='119499']

Ok, here is a solution for the delivery time thing.

ALTER TABLE `cscart_products` ADD `del_time` VARCHAR(50) AFTER `product_code` ;

2.) In skins/basic/admin/views/products/update.tpl

After:

```php

{math equation=“rand()” assign=“rnd”}

{$lang.categories}:

{include file=“pickers/categories_picker.tpl” rnd=$rnd data_id=“categories” input_name=“product_data[add_categories]” radio_input_name=“product_data[main_category]” item_ids=$product_data.category_ids|default:$smarty.request.category_id hide_link=true hide_delete_button=true display_input_id=“category_ids” disable_no_item_text=true view_mode=“list”}

```

Add:

```php

Delivery Time:

---Select---
1 - 3 Days
3 - 5 Days
5 - 7 Days
More Than 7 Days

```

3.) In skins/your-skin/customer/common_templates/product_data.tpl

After:

```php {$lang.in_stock} ```

Add:

```php {if $product.del_time}
and can be delivered in {$product.del_time}
{/if} ```

4.) To be able to export/import the field - In schemas/exim/products.php

After:

```php 'Price' => array (
'table' => 'product_prices',
'db_field' => 'price',
'convert_put' => array ('fn_exim_import_price', '@price_dec_sign_delimiter'),
'process_get' => array ('fn_exim_export_price', '#this', '@price_dec_sign_delimiter'),
), ```

Add:

```php 'Delivery time' => array (
'db_field' => 'del_time',
), ```

A couple of things to note. First, I only put the 3 options for delivery time. If you want more, than just add them or change them. Also, you mentioned something about warranty periods. You could basically do the same thing as this, but just make it for the warranty stuff.

Oh, and this is for version 2.2.1. I think it should also work with previous versions just fine, but there might be some differences that I don't know about.

Anyways, hope it helps.

Thanks,

Brandon
[/quote]

Hi Brandon

just found this and trying it out,not found the add-on yet after running it, will let you no when & if i fined how to activate it, or can you tell me were it can be found in admin Thanks Tony

Since this isn't an addon, it isn't something that can be activated or deactivated. This is basically a hack.

If you followed the instructions, it should be fine even with the newest version.

Be sure to clear your cache after you are done.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks

Ill try clearing the cache, you mentioned in the posts TonyB and the alt-team, for mods etc,

how do i contact them for future ref if i need any mods.

Tony

Hey,

Any help please.

Tom

[quote name='tom437' timestamp='1322063939' post='126642']

Hey,

Any help please.

Tom

[/quote]

Can't help with that tom. I have the guy that built my site do it.

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1321813050' post='126363']

Since this isn't an addon, it isn't something that can be activated or deactivated. This is basically a hack.

If you followed the instructions, it should be fine even with the newest version.

Be sure to clear your cache after you are done.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

HI Brandon

Got it on product pages in admin now, When I select one of the options and then click save it just resets its self to select and not show on front-end. any ideas on that please,or any other post with the same problem you

no of.

Thanks Tony

[quote name='Eduard' timestamp='1313269591' post='119475']

I have to address some missing features in CS-Cart. In today's e-commerce world not all products are actually in stock. For us, we state on the product page the delivery time (e.g. 1-3 days), the warranty (e.g. 1 year) and the shipping costs (this is on the product page)… Does anybody know how to tackle this and actually have these possibilities available. Some carts from competitors have this possibility to show delivery time on the product page.

[/quote]

We had an add-on for a shipping expectation message developed by ShippingKit. They decided to credit us the cost of the development and released it as a free add-on. You can set a shipping message at the category or product level in the admin. You can see examples of this on our site here and here. You might want to give this a try, ShippingKit does good work.

[quote name='ChrisW' timestamp='1322323822' post='126774']

We had an add-on for a shipping expectation message developed by ShippingKit. They decided to credit us the cost of the development and released it as a free add-on. You can set a shipping message at the category or product level in the admin. You can see examples of this on our site here and here. You might want to give this a try, ShippingKit does good work.

[/quote]

Hey,

Thank you, that workout for me.

Tom

Dopes anyone know if the shipping availability add-on will work on v3.01Pro?

Jack

Is this compatible with 2.2.4? I installed. When I go to Edit the pop-over screen is blank.

Does anyone have this download? I downloaded it from shippingkit but the tar/zip file is missing the Views folder.

[quote name='tjordan' timestamp='1341581676' post='140064'] Does anyone have this download? I downloaded it from shippingkit but the tar/zip file is missing the Views folder. [/quote]

Hey,

Did it work for you yet?

Tom