Trade log in

Is it possible to have a trade log-in so anyone who logs in as a trader sees the exact same website but with the prices discounted accordingly?

Thanks

You can do group pricing on products. So you can create a user group, add users to this group, assign specific pricing on all your products for this group and then they will see different pricing if they view it normal vs if they log in.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1311350203' post='117993']

You can do group pricing on products. So you can create a user group, add users to this group, assign specific pricing on all your products for this group and then they will see different pricing if they view it normal vs if they log in.

[/quote]

Where is the link to add user groups? I don't see it.

Thanks

[quote name='autotronics' timestamp='1311420372' post='118062']

Where is the link to add user groups? I don't see it.

Thanks

[/quote]

In 2.2.1 it's under Customers > User Groups

in 2.1.4 it's under Users > User Groups

Then in your products you go under Quantity discount set the quantity to 1 and select the group.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1311426015' post='118065']

In 2.2.1 it's under Customers > User Groups

in 2.1.4 it's under Users > User Groups

Then in your products you go under Quantity discount set the quantity to 1 and select the group.

[/quote]

I don't have it because I need to upgrade to the Professional version.

When I do that, do I have to put in trade prices for every single product or can I just say all trade customers get a 10% discount?

Thanks

[quote name='autotronics' timestamp='1312360582' post='118747']

Do I have to put in trade prices for every single product or can I just say all trade customers get a 10% discount?

Thanks

[/quote]

Anyone know if this is possible or not?

Thanks

[quote name='autotronics' timestamp='1312472908' post='118851']

Anyone know if this is possible or not?

Thanks

[/quote]

You can set up a group discount through promotions if you want a pure % off of an order.

OK This sort of works - however if you have ALL as £20 and trade as £15 as absolute values and you then have quantity discounts at percentages for all. The trade get offered quantity the same quantity discounts off the £20?

Note that bulk quantity discounts set the baseline price for promotions. Hence you will need to exclude groups from promotions where you may have already provided a discount to the base price for your traders.

I would recommend that you put your traders into the "wholesale" group and then provide quantity discount pricing to the wholesale group. I would then exclude the wholesale group from promotions where you don't want to offer them the discount.

So I leave the standard qty discount on ALL?

I have then set another quantity discount up for Trade with the same percentage discount but still get the same result?

All I can see to do is setting quantity discounts for trade to absolute amounts?

Assuming you have 'trade' as a usergroup and that you have assigned users to this group.

You would set the price of product A at 10.00. You could then set a discount for the 'trade' group of 10% from original price.

When user sees product on detail page or adds to cart, they should see price of $9.00.

If not, you've done something wrong along the way.

If you have a promotion that dicounts product A by 3%, then you need to add a condition of "not in usergroup trade" to the promotion.

I have is setup like this - even if I setup a seperate quantity discount for trade (2, 4 & 8) it still works off the base price at the top if a percentage, rather than the trade absolute value:

344zjuo.png

A user logged into your site who is a member of the Trade group should see a price of $103.20 fore EACH item they purchase.

Would have to look at your system/users to see what might be amiss.

If they type is Percent, then it will be that percentage off the price for quantity 1, usergroup All.

"If they type is Percent, then it will be that percentage off the price for quantity 1, usergroup All." - Yep this is what is happening. Not sure what the best solution is.

I guess I don't understand what you want then....

"If they type is Percent, then it will be that percentage off the price for quantity 1, usergroup All." - Yep this is what is happening. Not sure what the best solution is.

Let me explain. When you specify the percentage discount as a price, it means that you already have base price which is absolute. As far as the only one price is can not be deleted, it uses as base price for all percentage discounts does not matter on which usergroups it set.

As far as I understood from your messages, you want to specify $20-1-All and $15-1-Trader and then have % off for all Trader prices from $15 instead of $20. It will not work in this way because you can delete $15-1-Trade price at any time. That is why you need to setup $20-1-All, %25-1-Trader, %50-10-Trader, etc.

Hope for your understanding.

Thank you.

OK so it seems we need to change the percentage discounts from all to customer/guest/registered customer?

What is there difference between registered user and customer?

This just isn't going to work properly

Even if I set:

Trade ABSOLUTE £10

Customer PERCENTAGE 2%

Guest PERCENTAGE 4%

It seems if you register and buy from the site you are not automatically put into the customer user group (despite being a customer) so you don't see the discount? If I change the discount to REGISTERED USER it gives it to the trade customers too.

Would it be easy to modify the default code so either we leave the percentage discounts set to all but for the trade this takes it off the trade absolute price instead if entered, or there is a new option called ALL EXCEPT TRADE ?

OK - have decided just to bulk edit (using Simtechs mod) percentage discounts as follows:

2 ALL 1%

4 ALL 2%

8 ALL 4%

1 TRADE 20%

2 TRADE 21%

4 TRADE 22%

8 TRADE 24%

Probably easier in the long run and we just have to edit one price.