SKU codes - can they be turned off?

Is there a way to not show the product SKU in the frontend? I'd like to turn it off from displaying to the customer, but i still want the code their for the backend.

On another note, the forum search blocks you from searching on the word 'code' and 'SKU' is too short. I was unable to search on whether this had been discussed before.

Cheers,

Scott.

[quote name='Scott_C' timestamp='1310555816' post='117176']

Is there a way to not show the product SKU in the frontend? I'd like to turn it off from displaying to the customer, but i still want the code their for the backend.

On another note, the forum search blocks you from searching on the word 'code' and 'SKU' is too short. I was unable to search on whether this had been discussed before.

Cheers,

Scott.

[/quote]

you need to edit a few files

skins > your skin > customer > blocks > product_list_templates > products.tpl

change show_sku=true to show_sku=false

skins > your skin > customer > views > products > view.tpl

in the line

{include file=$product.product_id|fn_get_product_details_layout product=$product show_sku=true show_rating=true show_old_price=true show_price=true show_list_discount=true show_clean_price=true details_page=true show_discount_label=true show_product_amount=true show_product_options=true hide_form=$smarty.capture.val_hide_form show_qty=true min_qty=true show_edp=true show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role="action" capture_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_capture_buttons capture_options_vs_qty=$smarty.capture.val_capture_options_vs_qty separate_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_separate_buttons show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role="action" block_width=true no_ajax=$smarty.capture.val_no_ajax}

change show_sku=true to show_sku=false

Doing these 2 will remove the product code from the products the customer seea but will

allow you to still see it i the admin area etc

Thank you! :D

[quote name=‘cs-cart-newbie’ timestamp=‘1310598913’ post=‘117233’]

you need to edit a few files

skins > your skin > customer > blocks > product_list_templates > products.tpl

change php show_sku=true to ```php
show_sku=false

<br />
skins > your skin > customer > views > products > view.tpl<br />
<br />
in the line <br />
```php
{include file=$product.product_id|fn_get_product_details_layout product=$product show_sku=true show_rating=true show_old_price=true show_price=true show_list_discount=true show_clean_price=true details_page=true show_discount_label=true show_product_amount=true show_product_options=true hide_form=$smarty.capture.val_hide_form show_qty=true min_qty=true show_edp=true show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role="action" capture_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_capture_buttons capture_options_vs_qty=$smarty.capture.val_capture_options_vs_qty separate_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_separate_buttons show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role="action" block_width=true no_ajax=$smarty.capture.val_no_ajax}<br />

```<br />
<br />
change ```php
show_sku=true
``` to ```php
show_sku=false
```<br />
<br />
Doing these 2 will remove the product code from the products the customer seea but will<br />
allow you to still see it i the admin area etc<br />
[/quote]

Any thoughts on turning off the SKU code in the cart contents? I’ve done a code search on; “show_sku=true” and so far have turned off the sku display in the following files;

\skins\mytemplate\customer\blocks\product_list_templates\products.tpl (sku turned off)

\skins\mytemplate\customer\blocks\product_list_templates\products_grid.tpl (sku turned off)

\skins\mytemplate\customer\views\products\view.tpl (sku turned off)

addons\required_products\blocks\product_tabs\required_products.tpl (sku off)

addons\product_configurator\hooks\products\view_main_info_override.tpl (sku off)

addons\wishlist\views\wishlist\view.tpl (sku off)

blocks\product_list_templates\short_list.tpl (sku off)

blocks\product_list_templates\products_without_options.tpl (sku off)

But its still showing in the cart… :unsure:

[quote name=‘Scott_C’ timestamp=‘1310601069’ post=‘117238’]

Thank you! :D

[/quote]

you can remove it from cart in file : skins/yourskin/customer/views/checkout/components/cart_items.tpl at rule 36