Oops, Something Goes Wrong (Parsererror). Please Try Again.

Added new products to my store…they are displayed in 3 pages…

when i click on page 2 to view them I get the following weird error:

Oops, something goes wrong (parsererror). Please try again.

Any idea of what is going on?

I did not make any changes as I do not like to poke around when I do not know what I am doing…I just added products!

Anyone has the same problem? I have read in the forum of someone getting same error because of a jquery issue?

Help! :)

Anyone? No one experienced similar problem before? Should I report this as a bug to cs-cart support team?

Hello Cherubrock74,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

If you update your jquery library, this problem can occur. To learn more about this problem, we should investigate it on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

We have been getting the same error and the “white screen” when we connect from a slower internet connection. Since we upgraded to 2.1.3 (now on 2.1.4) we have the error on a regular basis. We did not have it on 1.3.5 sp4. CS-Cart has been looking at our site for a week or so and they have not been able to view the error or duplicate the infamous “white screen” so they have not figured it out yet. Without a doubt we still get it. We have had some customers say they get the “white screen” error too on the shopping end. I've asked our customer service reps to start asking if they are on either a phone line or wireless internet connection to see if there is some type of issue there.

Most likely ModSecurity blocking the aJax request

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1309802907' post='116243']

Most likely ModSecurity blocking the aJax request

[/quote]

I know this is probably a crazy question, but is this the same as mod_security? If so, we have mod_security disabled. If not, where do I find what you are speaking of?

We do not get any white screen after the error…we just get the error displayed on a red background box…store is not live yet…

I emailed cs-cart support team and hope they will help fix this issue

We do not get the white screen after the error either. They seem to happen at different times and not at any particular time. We get what we call the “oops” error sometimes and then we get the “White Screen of Death” (WSOD) at other times. Between the two, we get them about 30-40 times in one day. And that is for each user. The sad part again is the oops and WSOD both seem to happen more from an internet connection that is slower.

Are you by chance connecting with a wireless internet connection?

The oops error is a language variable assigned to 'error_ajax'. If you look at js/ajax.js you'll see that this is generated when an ajax error occurs. Most ajax requests have timeout values and will generate an error if the request doesn't respond within that timeout period. I have no idea where the timeout values can be changed (all the jquery, js and ajax stuff is far too obtuse for me) but a slower connection (or a slower website) would definitely be a factor in a request timing out or failing to complete. Seems like having 'error_ajax' be something like “ajax error” instead of “oops…” would be a bit more professional and revealing…

Note that cs-cart over-uses ajax. Ajax was intended to be a 'user request response'. I.e. it takes a user action (like changing a selector) to generate an ajax request (E.g. default country is US so US states are in selector 2 - change country to Canada and selector 2 should have Canadian Provinces - that is correct use of AJAX). However, cs-cart does ajax requests on EVERY PAGE LOAD which simply drives the load on the underlying server up significantly. It is not unusual for a cs-cart installation to have 3 or more CGI processes for every page load.

That being said, because ajax is used to fill areas of the screen asynchronously it is possible that a failure could cause no html to be generated (hence the white screen). I'm assuming someone has done a “view source” on one of these white pages to see if there's any html in it or any xml response info that can't be displayed.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309824892' post='116263']

The oops error is a language variable assigned to 'error_ajax'. If you look at js/ajax.js you'll see that this is generated when an ajax error occurs. Most ajax requests have timeout values and will generate an error if the request doesn't respond within that timeout period. I have no idea where the timeout values can be changed (all the jquery, js and ajax stuff is far too obtuse for me) but a slower connection (or a slower website) would definitely be a factor in a request timing out or failing to complete. Seems like having 'error_ajax' be something like “ajax error” instead of “oops…” would be a bit more professional and revealing…

Note that cs-cart over-uses ajax. Ajax was intended to be a 'user request response'. I.e. it takes a user action (like changing a selector) to generate an ajax request (E.g. default country is US so US states are in selector 2 - change country to Canada and selector 2 should have Canadian Provinces - that is correct use of AJAX). However, cs-cart does ajax requests on EVERY PAGE LOAD which simply drives the load on the underlying server up significantly. It is not unusual for a cs-cart installation to have 3 or more CGI processes for every page load.

That being said, because ajax is used to fill areas of the screen asynchronously it is possible that a failure could cause no html to be generated (hence the white screen). I'm assuming someone has done a “view source” on one of these white pages to see if there's any html in it or any xml response info that can't be displayed.

[/quote]

Excellent response. I was thinking that the “Oops” and “WSOD” may have something to do with the same thing…and in this case it sounds like it is “ajax”. Not that I (or CS-Cart) has been able to figure out the issue yet. We've got a pretty good dedicated server right now, so I doubt that is the issue. Not to mention, if I use my laptop at the office on our network it buzzes along with no errors, but if I bring it home to use with my Verizon broadband wireless internet I get error after error of the “oops” and “WSOD”.

I've sent a couple of view source pages to CS to see if they see any thing that helps there on the WSOD. It looks pretty much the same to me.

@cherubrock74

Are you using a wireless broadband connection?

I guess I shouldn't really say “slower” as our download is usually between 1.5 and 2mbs. I know it is not as fast as what I have at the office, but it is way faster than dial up.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1309830586' post='116264']

@cherubrock74

Are you using a wireless broadband connection?

I guess I shouldn't really say “slower” as our download is usually between 1.5 and 2mbs. I know it is not as fast as what I have at the office, but it is way faster than dial up.

[/quote]

Clips I receive the same error wether I connect from home or I connect at work…both the internet connections use cable modems and the slower speed is around 20MB

I do not know if the internet speed is really a factor also considering that it never happened before and the connection stayed the same…

I seem to have the same problem as well. Although I am still working on cs-cart version 2.1.2. I haven't updated because the modifications done to my store might not be compatible with the latest version.

The strange thing is that I see this error more often when I view my site in another language than the default one.

Has this issue already been solved?

Hello Martin,

This problem requires an investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Hello Anastasiya (beautifull name by the way),

I have contacted the Helpdesk.

Thanks!

Regards,

Martin

[quote name='Martin' timestamp='1311092219' post='117672']

Hello Anastasiya (beautifull name by the way),

I have contacted the Helpdesk.

Thanks!

Regards,

Martin

[/quote]

Martin did you get your issue resolved ? helpdesk was unable to find me a solution

I have the same problem only when working with Buy Together, in which I get the red box with the error message. I have also seen a white page when working with products (and also sometimes after saving a product but not closing all of the add on tabs at the top dissapear and I have to re-open the product several times before they come back). Any thoughts?

Check your PHP error_log file for problems. Most likely a PHP error message is getting mixed in with an AJAX response.

@tbirnseth: I'm working on my order history add-on and for some reason when i change an order status I am now getting this error. I have checked all my error logs and no error is in CSC Logs or PHP Error logs. I determined the problem child is this query

$status = db_get_array('SELECT * FROM ?:status_descriptions where ?:status_descriptions.status = ?s and type = ?s and lang_code = ?s', 'C','O','EN');

Any clues as to what might be wrong?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1328206053' post='130500']

I'm working on my order history add-on and for some reason when i change an order status I am now getting this error. I have checked all my error logs and no error is in CSC Logs or PHP Error logs. I determined the problem child is this query

$status = db_get_array('SELECT * FROM ?:status_descriptions where ?:status_descriptions.status = ?s and type = ?s and lang_code = ?s', 'C','O','EN');

[/quote]

I have the same problem with your addon. I have uninstalled your addon, empty cach, and error is still. I am very angry. Do you have an idea to remove it?

[quote]

[/quote]

Your query is fine. Couple of questions…

1. Why do you qualify 'status' with ?:status_descriptions? It's not necessary
  2. Why are you hard-coding 'EN' rather than using one of the constants CART_LANGUAGE or DESCR_SL?

What makes you think it is that query? Have you taken the store out of Live mode so a database error will be displayed?

But normally the parserror stuff comes from a bad ajax request or an error in the ajax response. You might take a look at the page source to see if you find any PHP Notices/Warnings/Errors that might be embedded in what's returned via an ajax request.